VAZ Modular 3.20 beta 17 released

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's some killer tips & tricks in threads all over the place in this forum. Can there be a "sticky" made for tips and tricks and then these bee all moved into a central location?
James Johnson
www.james-johnson.net

easymode wrote:Hi

The vsti is seen as an effect by fl studio scanner :(
it is both - i think theres two seperate .dll's - one called Vazmodulareffect.dll and vazmodular.dll

make sure they are both in the right folders so your host can use them properly.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

James Johnson wrote:There's some killer tips & tricks in threads all over the place in this forum. Can there be a "sticky" made for tips and tricks and then these bee all moved into a central location?
I can make the sticky thread, are you up for copying content into it?

mojogigolo wrote:

it is both - i think theres two seperate .dll's - one called Vazmodulareffect.dll and vazmodular.dll

make sure they are both in the right folders so your host can use them properly.
As mojo says, please check that both plugin dlls are present: VAZModularVSTi.dll and VAZModularEffect.dll. I'm sure VazMod *used* to work in FL and I don't think anything relevant in VazMod has changed since then...

Martin

MadGav wrote:I can make the sticky thread, are you up for copying content into it?
sure...would be glad to help. anything special I need to know? Just copy and paste postings?
James Johnson
www.james-johnson.net

Madgav: We used to hang on efnet in #midi*!^#^ back in the day! I have to say this is the best soft synth ever created. Much respect to you!

MadGav wrote:
mojogigolo wrote:

As mojo says, please check that both plugin dlls are present: VAZModularVSTi.dll and VAZModularEffect.dll. I'm sure VazMod *used* to work in FL and I don't think anything relevant in VazMod has changed since then...

Martin
I removed VAZModularEffect.dll as i don't use it.
I just tried again and both dll's are seen as fx in fl studio (latest version).

in fruity, dont you just hit the add channel option, then click 'more', and it shows you a list of all your vst .dlls - (effects AND instruments), then you just choose the (correct) .dll?

Thanks for trying to help, but "correct" what ? Its not about selecting anything, as I said, the vsti dll is listed as an effect in FLS. Am I the only one facing this problem ?

easymode wrote:Thanks for trying to help, but "correct" what ? Its not about selecting anything, as I said, the vsti dll is listed as an effect in FLS. Am I the only one facing this problem ?
yoohooo support anyone ?!

Hi easymode,

I'll grab the FL demo if such is available and test this. Have you also pursued this with FL support? It would certainly be useful to know how FL decided whether a plugin is an instrument.

if im remembering right, adding a new plugin in fruity means you put the .dll in the vst folder, then if you want it to display as an instrument, you use the method i mentioned - if you tick the box next to the dll in the page where you select it for the first time, it will show up on your drop down list as an instrument by default.

similarly, you can add an instrument for the first time (ie as in the previous message), and again, if you tick the box next to the .dll, it will then show up in your FX dropdown.

theoretically, if you had BOTH .dlls, you could go to add an effect, pick the INSTRUMENT .dll, and tick the box, and it will then show up as an effect on your dropdown.

so - check you have ticked the right boxes with the add instrument/ add effects menus and see how you go.

Hi easymode,

Just tried FL Studio 9.1 demo and it doesn't appear to make any distinction between VST instruments and effects...? You just select them off the More... list as required (as mojo said).

Martin

Ok, there was a missing entry in the ini file regarding vst location, its all sorted now.

Cheers

Return to “VAZ Synths”