variable envelope

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

any chance of doing a envelope like on the ensoniqs or prophet vs

on the ensoniq its got 2 envelope settings 1 for the heaviest note playing and 1 for the softest note playing and it interpolates the varying envelope to velocity between the 2 envelope settings

also the envelope can start at 0 as a normal adsr or its attack can start at any level up to 99

this is the same for the prophet vs this is great for pitch modulation as this does great hoover type sounds

An envelope with 2 "scenes" and a morph control between them feels interesting...

Which Ensoniq in particular? I'll see if I can find the manual... had a read of the VS manual already.

Reply part 3! The Multistage Envelope module has a little button L at the bottom, turning this on makes the envelope start and end at the Level value set for the End stage instead of 0. I would think this gets pretty close to covering the VS envelope. (There is also a modulation input which controls all stage times to play with)

MadGav wrote:Reply part 3! The Multistage Envelope module has a little button L at the bottom, turning this on makes the envelope start and end at the Level value set for the End stage instead of 0. I would think this gets pretty close to covering the VS envelope. (There is also a modulation input which controls all stage times to play with)
the envelopes are used in the vfx asr10 and eps16+ very expressive envelopes for playing and with the polyphonic aftertouch just great

also your wavetable module would it be possible to have 128 stages as i have thousands of transwaves and would like to do a vfx emulation with vaz at the moment the transwave will only do the first 64 waves i have recreated all the wavetables of ppg and blofeld but they are now also 128 cycles long

thanks great synth and i make wicked wavetable bassses with your wavetable module oscilator sync is great and fm great module

MadGav wrote:Which Ensoniq in particular? I'll see if I can find the manual... had a read of the VS manual already.
ASR
http://www.emu.com/support/files/storag ... manual.zip
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

jammie1 wrote:also your wavetable module would it be possible to have 128 stages
I don't think it will be a problem to allow that.

I'll take a look at a VFX/ASR-10/EPS-16 manual as time allows.

Can VAZ morph between wavetable stages somehow?

EvilDragon wrote:Can VAZ morph between wavetable stages somehow?
Wavetable position is switched, but cross-fading is on the wish list.

MadGav wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Can VAZ morph between wavetable stages somehow?
Wavetable position is switched, but cross-fading is on the wish list.
i dont see the point in crossfading as the wavetables are morphed any way and they jump from 1 cycle to the next like the ensoniqs and ppg

i only see crossfading of interpolation if you are setting only say 16 single cycles that have to be crossfaded by interpolation to the next waveform like the waldorf wave uwave and 2 and xt

bet as seeing that vaz does scannable wavetables there is no need of this

jammie1 wrote:
bet as seeing that vaz does scannable wavetables there is no need of this
scannable wavetables?

Kev

jammie1 wrote:i dont see the point in crossfading as the wavetables are morphed any way and they jump from 1 cycle to the next like the ensoniqs and ppg

i only see crossfading of interpolation if you are setting only say 16 single cycles that have to be crossfaded by interpolation to the next waveform like the waldorf wave uwave and 2 and xt
PPGs also interpolated/crossfaded between the wavetables.

Yes, VAZ needs this interpolation/crossfading mode, as it doesn't have it yet. Without interpolation, you cannot say that VAZ has wavetable scanning, because it really doesn't, it just switches the waveform. It doesn't interpolate between the wavetables in realtime.

EvilDragon wrote:PPGs also interpolated/crossfaded between the wavetables.
I don't believe PPGs interpolated wavetable slots, only the Waldorf Wave in the family tree did? Solid evidence is of course welcome ;) Interpolation does produce good results btw.

Martin

Return to “VAZ Synths”