Vaz Modular in Win 7 64 bit?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm still running XP but may upgrade my setup and move to Win 7. I'm considering VAZ modular too. From the VAZ website it looks like Win7 is supported. Are there 32bit and 64bit dll's, or is something like jbridge required for 64bit windows?
Dan

The 32-bit version works fine on Win7 x64 in a 32-bit host, but there's no 64-bit version to work in 64-bit hosts.

I've no idea if it'll work with jbridge, never tried that.

i concur. works great here under win7 x64 SP1 either as x86 vsti, standalone or bridged under Cubase6.0.2 x64.

I seem to have problems with it hanging at the moment... the splash screen comes up and then it just hangs.

Is there any debug or trace I can turn on ?

koalaboy wrote:I seem to have problems with it hanging at the moment... the splash screen comes up and then it just hangs.
What build are you running?

Martin

MadGav wrote:
koalaboy wrote:I seem to have problems with it hanging at the moment... the splash screen comes up and then it just hangs.
What build are you running?
The latest beta, but it does the same thing with 3.04.

I *think* it's down to my ASIO driver (Sonic core scope 5.1) but nothing else seems to have the problem. If I re-install (so that the driver is set to directsound, when I try to change it to the ASIO driver, it just hangs).

It's 44.1/24 I think.

[quote="koalaboy"I *think* it's down to my ASIO driver (Sonic core scope 5.1) but nothing else seems to have the problem. If I re-install (so that the driver is set to directsound, when I try to change it to the ASIO driver, it just hangs).[/quote]

I suspect the hang is occurring when VazMod reads parameters from the ASIO driver i.e. before audio is started. I have a vague memory of having made a simple ASIO test-harness which might be useful for narrowing this down. Please can you PM me with an email address to take this up directly?

The obvious workaround for now would be to use VazMod as a plugin in a (lightweight?) host which works with the Scope?

Martin

Yes, it works fine as a plugin, so I'm not *without* Vaz at the moment. Anyway, PMd.

For reference koalaboy has decided to stop using his Scope card for now, if anyone else has similar problems please get in touch and I will provide a test utility to see if the problem can be diagnosed.

Martin

MadGav wrote:For reference koalaboy has decided to stop using his Scope card for now, if anyone else has similar problems please get in touch and I will provide a test utility to see if the problem can be diagnosed.

Martin
See PM :oops:

Return to “VAZ Synths”