Top of your VazMod wish lists Easter 2011?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

all i can say is WOW..what other soft synth company is this quick to turn around direct answers to requests and even have solutions to some of them. This is THE main reason I still turn to VAZ as my sound design tool. Bravo to MadGav, for support...

now can I get interpolation between waves.. :hihi:
James Johnson
www.james-johnson.net

shamann wrote:[edit]Upon second consideration, would the addition of the option to specify sequence step length ( 1 to 8 ) be feasible? Could easily be done with an external Reset signal, but it would simplify to have it internal to the module.
Had similar thoughts after posting, but I think it would be useful to allow I.e. 13 steps.

Martin

EvilDragon wrote:Can't make it so that each voice references the same sample in memory? Then it wouldn't be as excessive memory-wise, it would be a long sample, and a real-time updated list of pointers to location in the sample. No?
No, wouldn't work.

Martin

MadGav wrote:
ASch wrote: Rework the song editor to make it usable.
What is the minimum that would be useful? It would be fairly easy to make a global song window which didn't pay any attention to patterns potentially being different lengths. Basically a grid, a row per sequencer and for each row a line of pattern selection boxes.

Martin
Ideally: a horizontally scrolling grid, with a row for each individual voice in the song. The elements in the rows would be the patterns in the sequences. But it would only really be useful if it took proper acount of true pattern length and tempo so it was clear how the patterns in different voices lined up in real time.

Would also be nice to be able to insert and delete patterns from a song sequence and have the rest of the sequence be automatically adjusted.

In fact, just that last suggestion on its own would make a significant difference to the usability for me.

Andreas

EvilDragon wrote:Yes, definitely have it internal (AND modulatable)! Also up to 32 steps, please!
I wonder if both these extra features would take a small simple module and make it... not. Can you give me some ideas of how you would use those features?

Martin

EvilDragon wrote:Eager to try this, I love PPG/Waldorf stuff! Would there be a limit of how many waves per wavetable? I think 128 is a good upper limit.
The number of waves per wavetable is effectively unlimited.

Martin

MadGav wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Can't make it so that each voice references the same sample in memory? Then it wouldn't be as excessive memory-wise, it would be a long sample, and a real-time updated list of pointers to location in the sample. No?
No, wouldn't work.

Martin
How come, Kontakt works exactly like that, and it works. It doesn't have to load the same sample for each played voice over and over again...

MadGav wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Yes, definitely have it internal (AND modulatable)! Also up to 32 steps, please!
I wonder if both these extra features would take a small simple module and make it... not. Can you give me some ideas of how you would use those features?

Martin
Well, up to 32 steps means you can have really "broken" pulses going on, which don't fall exactly on beat (especially if you're, for example, writing stuff in 4/4, but decide to have some sort of irregular pulse over 32 16th notes, which is two bars).

EvilDragon wrote:How come, Kontakt works exactly like that, and it works. It doesn't have to load the same sample for each played voice over and over again...
Glitch Tempo is effectively a delay with freeze, the delay buffer for each voice contains the unique input for that voice. Of course the sample playback modules all share a single copy of each sample loaded.

Martin

Ah, I see. Well, seeing that we have computers with more than 4 GB of RAM available, that shouldn't pose too big of an issue?

MadGav wrote:
mojogigolo wrote:id like to see a retrig on the grain oscillator (so it retriggers the 'frame' on input) - would allow for good reproduction of transients in tight timing without having to revert to tiny window sizes.
I wonder if this is actually a different module fighting to get out... kind of sample playback with a quantized start position. So you could load a loop, set the quantization to 16 "slices" then a trigger would kick playback to the position controlled by a slice input.

Martin
re the first point - to some degree it is present (but awkward). If you make a 'wavetable' thats actually a drum loop, then set the loop point to an 8th/16th/ whatever, you can trigger individual measures (but they loop on completion, meaning slower tempo from the original sounds all ugly and out of time).

thats all a huge pain in the ass though.

so YES - more granular resequencing modules would be unbelievable - im sick of the quantising and thinking im putting into remixing loops with the current grain osc. You can go full scale autechre-style glitch with vaz, but thats not well reflected in the presets or docs.

also - hell yes to your new module above - perfect. :D
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

how about doing a system like wuzicstation where you can use the audio engine of the synth create your own samples wavetables and the like and be able to create your own gui for it like in synth edit

then release it as your instrument with a licensing fee payed to you for the use of the sortware and be sold from your site

how about an analog type sequencer with 8 channel up to 8 16 beat rows for 8 bars

and being able to switch of any off the bars beats so that it loops down to the last 2 16 beats keeping on repeating to what ever size of a loop set

i have this on my quasimidi cyber6 sequencer control keyboard its great if you have repeating sequences with out having to duplicate the sequence for every part of the 16 beats

it would also allow me to sequence just on the comp

ill do the 12 bandpass filter design and ill give you the preset once i have created it

as i made a real analog version ive got to just copy it

it has 1 input that goes to the first 6 filters then that goes to 6 seperate vca for each of the 6 filters then the outputt of each of the 6 filter outputs goes to the next 6 filter inputs then there outputs go to a summing amp circuit with a single output

to each filter has 2 modulation inputs which are mixed for each of the filter frequency and 2 modulation imputs which are mixed for each of the resonance control each vca has a 2 modulation inputs which are mixed for the final vca control modulation

so any filter can be made and are morphing due to the vca modulation of signal

this is usually how i wire mine up giving me 6 24db bands but as seing i can wire it up any way i like the filter topologies are endless and becuase my modulation inputs are are both for cv and audio signal audio fm is possible but the same is available in vaz

but the problem with mine is i cant see what type of filter i have created and have to write done all the params on a data sheet so i can keep track of it no preset copy function on a modular synth

you can create a 4 pole filter resonant filter with just 2 formants which leaves you 10 more filters to spare

as you can see from my outline you can create totally morphing filters just by gating envelopes to control the modulation inputs and you could use the same envelope and lfo and by adjusting the modulation levels of each filter to different settings and vca and resonance you can do weird and wonderful soundscapes

but having a visual screen of what each filter is doing would be wonderful

Return to “VAZ Synths”