vst to AU for logic (qchord issues)

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i'm new to the forum, and i found this by googlin' furiously for a solution to get the suzuki qchord to work the way i thought it would (and be awesome). i also found out you adressed one of its midi issues with a vst plugin. is there a way to use this in logic, or is there a way to mimmick it's functions in the environment editor?

i'd love to actually use the qchord as a midi controller and filtered the annoying channels, but the pitch bend problem is too much for my limited midi knowledge.

thanks in advance for any replies :)

*edit*

i downloaded the plugin pack, but the one i needed seems to not be included in the mac pack. also, i converted them using vst to au, but all except for 1 plugin crashed during validation.

any help would be more than great!

most hosts don't support midi output from AU plugins, so there is not much point in wrapping the VSTs as AUs...

i never compiled a mac version of that one (midiPitchBendToNotes or whatever it is), and my mac hasn't been working since "someone" spilled water on it, so i'm not sure when i would be able to do that.

the actual algorithm needed to turn the pitch bend & C notes to the right notes is something like this:

for each channel 14-16:
pb = 14-bit pitch bend value between 0 and 16383
offset = 24 * (pb/16383) - 12
output_note = input_note + offset
don't send out the pitch bend
send output_note on channel 1

for channel 1:
pass through original pitch bend

i'll upload the source code later... one way to go would be to compile a mac vst, then load it in the AU version of bidule. it is probably also possible to do it all in bidule, but i'm not too familiar with it.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

wow that's way over my head lol, thanks for the extensive reply though!
i have no idea what bidule is, but i'll look into it and everything else, but honestly it's close to learning a new language for me so it's not looking to good for me and my midi qchord usage. never expected i'd buy an instrument with midi implemented in such a fashion that it's as good as unusable.

thanks again though!

Return to “Insert Piz Here”