note mapper: note X => note Y

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this is the best place i know to ask this question:
is there a vst (or JS, as it were) that allows for remapping of regular ol' notes?

i am using Drumatic which has assigned its drum sounds to notes 35-48. i would like to map these to the drum layout on my MPC with which i am most comfortable. in order to do this, i need to be able to convert notes to other notes...ie note 48 becomes 35, etc.

thank you for your suggestions.
i am vocal about my opinions of the performance and ethics of developers and software companies

S-Note-Matrix from http://s-production.de/ can map every note to one or more other notes.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

thanks, fella
i am vocal about my opinions of the performance and ethics of developers and software companies

Sounds like you could use a simple note transposer. Check out JS: MIDI/midi_transpose. Set your range min and max and then shift the transpose in the direction you want. If it's not a simple transpose range you can just load up X of these with different min/max ranges and transpose settings.

sadly the S plugins no longer work as i have moved to 64 bit reaper...despite reaper's bridging capacity, the S plugins fail to appear in the FX browser.

it looks like loading 12 iterations of js: midi transpose is the only option here

Return to “Insert Piz Here”