pizmidi suggestion: repeat every X incoming note X times at X speed

Official support for: thepiz.org
RELATED
PRODUCTS

midiConverter3 can invert a CC by reversing the output range.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Could you add a mode where the dry channel gets muted when the wet channel is activated? To have some control to prevent too many sounds from happening at once when warranted.
miedex

I'm still trying to find a solution for swinging every xth note. It dawns on me that if midiRepeater had an additional setting like the 0x setting (maybe -0x ?) on the Repeat control that instead of muting every xth note it would do the reverse and only play every xth note, this would be a pretty good solution I.E. one instance would skip every 5th note and another instance would only play every 5th note and pass it on to the midiExactDelay.
miedex

Setting "Dry" to 0 is supposed to make it play only every nth note.
wrongtastic, baby

Complicated but cool. It doesn't seem to work right at fast tempo.

I think being able to choke the dry signal with the wet signal would pretty much render this plugin perfect though.
miedex

miedex wrote: I think being able to choke the dry signal with the wet signal would pretty much render this plugin perfect though.
In case you got bored of working on this plugin I kept on looking for a way to do this without avail. Is there any other way to do this? I suggested the midi channel mute matrix which was another idea of doing the same thing but there isn't anything like that anywhere else right now that I can find and I can't think of a of a solution to prevent overlapping notes when the wet and dry notes happen simultaneously. This kind of midi effect works great when just tapping out one note at a time but when there is real sequencing going on it creates bursts of cluttery loudness.
miedex

So when any note is playing on the Wet channel it would block notes on the Dry channel? I'll try it out...
wrongtastic, baby

Yeah exactly, maybe with a bit of a release so that a dry channel note won't come through until the number of repeats is over.
miedex

small bump
insertpizhere wrote:So when any note is playing on the Wet channel it would block notes on the Dry channel? I'll try it out...
Have a chance to try this yet? I know you have been rocking hard on the looper and chorder.
miedex

Return to “Insert Piz Here”