What are you watching?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
highkoo
KVRAF
3774 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Post Sun May 18, 2014 4:43 pm

ImageImage Image

SODDI
KVRAF
3266 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Re: What are you watching?

Post Sun May 18, 2014 8:55 pm

"This Girl Is Bad-Ass!!" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2595182/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Jeeja Yanin ("Chocolate") is a bicycle messenger who delivers goods for the Thai underworld in this martial arts romantic comedy. Wonderfully uncomplicated dumb piece of fluff and you get to see lots and lots of Jeeja Yanin fighting. Yes, bicycles are involved in some fights. Loved it as the absolute nonsense it is.

osiris
KVRAF
7136 posts since 20 Nov, 2003 from Lost and Spaced

Post Mon May 19, 2014 4:58 am

Man Of Steel and Elysium.
Of the two, I liked Man Of Steel better. I see why Amy Adams agreed to do it. NO ONE can direct action scenes like Zack Snyder and I forgive him for Watchmen....

(But mainly it just seemed like watching two guys fighting and things exploding in both movies)

GaryG
KVRAF
5707 posts since 13 Jan, 2003 from Kent, UK

Post Mon May 19, 2014 6:45 am

osiris wrote:Man Of Steel and Elysium.
Of the two, I liked Man Of Steel better. I see why Amy Adams agreed to do it. NO ONE can direct action scenes like Zack Snyder and I forgive him for Watchmen....

(But mainly it just seemed like watching two guys fighting and things exploding in both movies)
I liked Watchman... :hihi:

I saw Man of Steel on a flight last year. Didn't bother with the headphones. Yeah, lots of splosions for sure.

(it did actually seem quite cool so will watch it with sound one day. :))

Later... with Jools Holland - Solid one this week, St Vincent ( :love: ), Brian Eno and Karl Hyde and people I've never heard of who were pretty good too. Even Kasabian were rocking (got to give them they're due).
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")

tapper mike
KVRAF
4843 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Post Mon May 19, 2014 8:30 am

SODDI wrote:"This Girl Is Bad-Ass!!" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2595182/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Jeeja Yanin ("Chocolate") is a bicycle messenger who delivers goods for the Thai underworld in this martial arts romantic comedy. Wonderfully uncomplicated dumb piece of fluff and you get to see lots and lots of Jeeja Yanin fighting. Yes, bicycles are involved in some fights. Loved it as the absolute nonsense it is.

She is awesome. It's nice to see TKD represented in martial arts movies.
(Especially when it doesn't involve Chuck Norris)

Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
4736 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Post Mon May 19, 2014 9:47 am

mellotronaut wrote:Silent Running

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Running
Spontaneously bought that on DVD many years ago. My girl friend at the time and I never got round to watching it because it's so depressing. Very good film though.
Last edited by Jace-BeOS on Thu May 22, 2014 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

osiris
KVRAF

Post Mon May 19, 2014 1:32 pm

I think this is more a problem with people of my generation. Don't get me wrong, I liked Watchmen, but it was very much a graphic novel of its time...
(and you are looking at the idiot with 1st editions he gave away)

hibidy
KVRAF
42539 posts since 21 Dec, 2005

Post Mon May 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Goodbye Warehouse 13, thank you for the memories!!!!

SODDI
KVRAF
3266 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Post Mon May 19, 2014 11:12 pm

Re-watching some of the wuxia from my collection.

Joey Wang and Maggie Cheung as the snake demon sisters in the original "Green Snake" are just so good - so much better than the women in the remake, "The Sorceror and the White Snake".

"14 Blades" - Donnie Yen is way off in the Toshiro Mifune/Clint Eastwood cool zone in this. He is so good. Try and find this, it's good action - but I don't think it ever made it to the U.S, even on video.

osiris
KVRAF

Post Tue May 20, 2014 4:29 am

Season 2 of Orphan Black is off and running. Still choice...

Compyfox
KVRAF
14256 posts since 19 Oct, 2003 from Berlin, Germany

Post Tue May 20, 2014 8:45 am

SODDI wrote:Joey Wang and Maggie Cheung as the snake demon sisters in the original "Green Snake" are just so good - so much better than the women in the remake, "The Sorceror and the White Snake".
That one actually looks interesting.

Reminds me to browse through my TV recording collection and find the one or another J/HK fantasy gem. I do remember one movie where there was a hero fighting a goddess in a sky castle or something. Great movie. Or that one kid that was fighting alongside monsters against an uber-boss or something like that (that was Japanese however).

And I really, really hope that there will be a DVD of "Magic Boy / The sorcerer and the bandits" (Shōnen Sarutobi Sasuke) at some point. Oh wait... it is available on DVD, but almost 30bucks for just the German dub is a tiny little bit much for the first ever produced anime movie.

Haven't watched anything except Let'sPlays on YT recently. Later tonight is "King of Monsters" evening. And I'll have to see for what I have time the next couple of days.
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ] | [ Video Project (in the making) ]

tapper mike
KVRAF

Post Tue May 20, 2014 9:30 am

I love Donnie Yen when he's playing the good guy. I wished he'd kicked Jet Li's arse in Once upon a time. I found the Ip Man prequel amusing but I think they overdid the "find look alikes and focus on that rather then the plot. Still it had some great redeeming moments.

Haven't seen 14 blades, thanks for that.

d-s-m
KVRist
330 posts since 1 Nov, 2012 from England

Post Tue May 20, 2014 10:21 am

Heroes series 1

hibidy
KVRAF
42539 posts since 21 Dec, 2005

Post Tue May 20, 2014 12:29 pm

GaryG wrote:

Later... with Jools Holland - Solid one this week, St Vincent ( :love: ), Brian Eno and Karl Hyde and people I've never heard of who were pretty good too. Even Kasabian were rocking (got to give them they're due).
Is that the one where they have all the different stages?

tapper mike
KVRAF

Post Tue May 20, 2014 3:58 pm

I wish we could get that here in the states rather then having to scour youtube for vids

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ls+holland

Return to “Off Topic”