What are you watching?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
GaryG
KVRAF
5689 posts since 13 Jan, 2003 from Kent, UK

Post Mon May 07, 2018 12:24 pm

tincture wrote:Westworld season 2. I thought ep01 was weak and wondered whether I'd stick out the season but ep02 has me hooked again.
Yeah, I think after the slowburn of the first season (I nearly bailed ~ep5...) I'm prepared this time. :)

And talking of slowburn: Dark - took a couple of episodes but I'm on board for the duration now, kind of has that Les Revenants pacing, compelling.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")

Bombadil
KVRAF
1862 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from The Schwarzwald of My Mind

Re: What are you watching?

Post Tue May 08, 2018 5:52 am

I mentioned to my wife a while back that I wouldn't mind watching the old 'Mission: Impossible' series. So, today, I opened up a birthday present, and it's the entire series, 75 DVDs! In German, the series was called 'Kobra: Übernehmen Sie.' :lol:

Anyways, just watching the pilot. Peter Graves isn't in the 1st year, I think. The leader I recognized but couldn't place until I checked him on IMBD. It's 'Steven Hill' from Law & Order fame. Mr. Peepers/Underdog is in the pilot as a safe-cracker/nuclear bomb defuser. :lol:
“Not all who wander are lost.”

J.R.R. Tolkien

chk071
KVRAF
17026 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue May 08, 2018 5:57 am

Bombadil wrote:I mentioned to my wife a while back that I wouldn't mind watching the old 'Mission: Impossible' series. So, today, I opened up a birthday present, and it's the entire series, 75 DVDs! In German, the series was called 'Kobra: Übernehmen Sie.' :lol:
I didn't even know about that… :oops: I remember watching a few episodes about 20 years ago. I think it even was still called Mission Impossible back then.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
10531 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Tue May 08, 2018 9:58 am

'Westworld' Season 2. Kinda forgot most of the last season, so am a little disorientated. Only took Thandie slinking around the place to make it all good once more :wink:

'Barry' Just keeps getting better and better. The comedy is tight, and then they f**king smack you right in the face :o

D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD
11448 posts since 21 Jun, 2008

Post Wed May 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Nightmare Alley (not bad).

perpetual3
KVRist
356 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Post Wed May 09, 2018 6:35 pm

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:'Westworld' Season 2. Kinda forgot most of the last season, so am a little disorientated. Only took Thandie slinking around the place to make it all good once more :wink:

'Barry' Just keeps getting better and better. The comedy is tight, and then they f**king smack you right in the face :o
I have loved Thandie since Flirting. Beautiful and amazing actress.

perpetual3
KVRist
356 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Post Wed May 09, 2018 8:49 pm

And WOW The Expanse!

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Thu May 10, 2018 1:49 am

perpetual3 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:'Westworld' Season 2. Kinda forgot most of the last season, so am a little disorientated. Only took Thandie slinking around the place to make it all good once more :wink:

I have loved Thandie since Flirting. Beautiful and amazing actress.
Never saw that. But she was really great in 'Line Of Duty' - a fantastic series in it's own right :tu:

GaryG
KVRAF
5689 posts since 13 Jan, 2003 from Kent, UK

Post Fri May 11, 2018 5:31 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:'Westworld' Season 2. Kinda forgot most of the last season, so am a little disorientated.
Luckily Sky broadcast a 'previously...' episode before season 2 started, helped me remember little things I'd forgotten.

Though, not sure how much it helped, new season seems kind of oblique so far....
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Fri May 11, 2018 5:57 am

GaryG wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:'Westworld' Season 2. Kinda forgot most of the last season, so am a little disorientated.
Luckily Sky broadcast a 'previously...' episode before season 2 started, helped me remember little things I'd forgotten.
They might have had that episode on HBO, but I didn't watch it. Searching now doesn't bring anything up, though :shrug:

I'll get back into the swing of it, I'm sure.

D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD
11448 posts since 21 Jun, 2008

Post Fri May 11, 2018 2:17 pm

Frank Serpico (not bad).

e@rs
KVRAF
3612 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Fri May 11, 2018 10:49 pm

Rewatched The Departed (I enjoyed it), A Night At The Roxbury [silly, but I still liked it (90s Eurodance soundtrack: :love:)] and Special ID (so-so).

samsam
KVRAF
1896 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Post Sat May 12, 2018 12:22 am

A lot of Techmoan on YouTube. Fun.

Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
4681 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Post Sun May 13, 2018 9:56 am

I finally saw Black Panther in the last theatre run in my area. I enjoyed it. When we got back to the house, my companion and I decided to watch more of the Marvel films she hasn't yet seen, so that consisted of Thor: The Dark World (which we both felt was an improvement on the first Thor) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (which we both felt was a major improvement over the first Captain America). Hopefully we will move on to Avengers: Age of Ultron today (we've seen the interceding movies in theatre).

I never liked superheroes in comic book form, and I'm not into all the techno-fantasy and straight-up fantasy inherent to them, but the majority of the superhero movies and shows from the last two decades have been quite entertaining, sometimes excellent, and sometimes emotionally relatable.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

vurt
addled muppet weed
37186 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon May 14, 2018 11:48 am

black lightning.

of the cw dc shows, this one seemed less teen angst drama and more comic book. although, arrow started out that way then became dawsons creek with superpowers :/

name drops for pfunk, parliament and george clinton are of course plus points.

Return to “Off Topic”