Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
IncarnateX
KVRAF

3120 posts since 25 Jan, 2009, from Forgotten Realms

Postby IncarnateX; Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:37 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:Not completely unrelated to the HPC topic above: You are all aware that we are on page 666, right?

As good a time as any :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZqU18J ... gs=pl%2Cwn

Ooooooooh yeah man. Hear ya!
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

9763 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:22 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

The Dutch are so cool it drives me absolutely bezerk. Their lack of stress stresses me.

A youngish kid has his bike parked in the middle of the street so when I toot him and wave my hands in annoyance he gives me a wink. They don’t let anything at all bother them. And that p!sses me off :lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
dark water
KVRian

887 posts since 2 Jun, 2016

Postby dark water; Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:42 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

f**king jury service court wankers.

I got summoned to be a jury member at my local crown court (UK) and had to start yesterday. I travelled on a 30 mile round trip - from my house to court and back - and sat from 9am to 4pm yesterday, and from 10am to 3pm today in a shitty room without being called to attend any trial. At 3pm, we were told that we could go home and that we wouldn't be needed tomorrow (Wed), but that we could come back on Thursday.
Two hours later, I get a text message from the f**king crown court service telling me they are sorry for the inconvenience but now I have to go back in at 1.45pm tomorrow.
f**king disorganized, piss-taking idiots who don't know their arse from their elbow, and clearly have no respect for members of the public - wasting their time (and not getting paid), sat in a shitty room for two f**king days doing nothing.
I have much better f**king things to do than waste my holidays - my only time to have a holiday given my job commitments - travelling on a 30 mile round trip every day to be f**ked around like this by the incompetent f**king wankers.
No wonder people rightly think the UK justice system is an utter shambles. f**king court c**ts.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

11875 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:53 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

It seems the Telegram messenger is down, even their website is down.
vurt
addled muppet weed

36764 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:52 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

dark water wrote:f**king jury service court wankers.

I got summoned to be a jury member at my local crown court (UK) and had to start yesterday. I travelled on a 30 mile round trip - from my house to court and back - and sat from 9am to 4pm yesterday, and from 10am to 3pm today in a shitty room without being called to attend any trial. At 3pm, we were told that we could go home and that we wouldn't be needed tomorrow (Wed), but that we could come back on Thursday.
Two hours later, I get a text message from the f**king crown court service telling me they are sorry for the inconvenience but now I have to go back in at 1.45pm tomorrow.
f**king disorganized, piss-taking idiots who don't know their arse from their elbow, and clearly have no respect for members of the public - wasting their time (and not getting paid), sat in a shitty room for two f**king days doing nothing.
I have much better f**king things to do than waste my holidays - my only time to have a holiday given my job commitments - travelling on a 30 mile round trip every day to be f**ked around like this by the incompetent f**king wankers.
No wonder people rightly think the UK justice system is an utter shambles. f**king court c**ts.

the bright side of "mental health" issues. i have been removed from that list :D

as for pissed off, more confuzzled, no internet on my pc, can't see any actual reason, router is fine, wifi connection a-ok!
even diagnostics is "wtf? don't ask me"
and i was hoping to share my latest masterpiece with y'all!
poor people's, not getting to hear the latest vurt geniusness :hihi:
Hink
Rad Grandad

27140 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:41 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

It's too hot and humid...88° with dew point of 71°...I wont say that often and that's really nothing compared to what the rest of you are going through. I dont do well in the heat and even the difference between here and mass is at least 10° (cooler here), often more. It's been this way since Thursday or maybe even last Wednesday, hottest summer in Maine I have experienced (that's over 30 summers) following the coldest winter I ever saw (hit -18°(f) once ). Still though I refuse to go out in the garage and get the ac, I dont have a decent window for it in the living room (one window that is normal and would work but it has tv in front of it, the other two slide sideways) and at night it still drops down to the mid to high 60's so why bother with it in the bedroom? Yes there are two windows the ac would fit in but I have a ceiling fan and with the windows open it's great, plus I hear the loons on the lake a little ways through the woods.

Also last Thursday my car decided not to move, it starts well but wont shift into gear (2016 nissan rogue). I knew it might be until tomorrow before they could look at it. It's been an adventure being almost a week without wheels far away from stores, Ash has stayed with friends close to work and I had a friend here this weekend so she helped me with Ash and supplies. Now just how to get from here to the garage to get it when it's fixed, 3 mile walk might be the only way (at least it will be cooler tomorrow).

Once the dust settles and I catch up on a few things I'm buying a second car, nothing fancy and not for me. Ash doesn't have his license yet but I'll buy his first car, something real cheap. He is not comfortable in my car but he is very small, he was good in the sedan drivers ed used so if I get him something he learns on it will be good. (but he has to pay me back)
got any good fish stories? Let minnow
IncarnateX
KVRAF

Postby IncarnateX; Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:55 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

I am suffering hard time in the heat too. For the last three weeks, it has been about 30 degrees celcius in Denmark (86 Fahrenheit). I know there are much warmer places on Earth right now but I am from the Nordic tribes, goddammit, and we are as far disposed to this shit as any other tribe on Earth. Can hardly work or make music. If England have had a global heating system during the first millinium, they could have got rid of us in less than fifty years.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:06 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

When we had 45°C at the weekend, I also thought to myself that it is no wonder many regions in Africa aren't really getting ahead. They don't have reliable electricity supply, nor air conditioning. I don't feel like doing anything when temps reach 40°C.
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

Postby Mushy Mushy; Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:10 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

fluffy_little_something wrote:When we had 45°C at the weekend, I also thought to myself that it is no wonder many regions in Africa aren't really getting ahead. They don't have reliable electricity supply, nor air conditioning. I don't feel like doing anything when temps reach 40°C.

Yep, this is why I firmly believe Australia is such a useless country. They haven't really contributed anything at all and this is because all there is to do in that heat is drink beer and play sport. The only two attributes of an Australian.

Disclaimer: I was born there and have an Australian passport before anybody says anything.
IncarnateX
KVRAF

Postby IncarnateX; Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:20 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

fluffy_little_something wrote:we had 45°C at the weekend

That would kill me in less than 12 hours, I think. Pheeew. How do anyone manage that? A lot of ice in a bathup and then a dive every hour? You have my deepests symphaties.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:27 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Mushy Mushy wrote:Yep, this is why I firmly believe Australia is such a useless country. They haven't really contributed anything at all and this is because all there is to do in that heat is drink beer and play sport. The only two attributes of an Australian.

Disclaimer: I was born there and have an Australian passport before anybody says anything.

Well, Australia has temperate climate along the coast (where most people live), Mediterranean even towards the west. Sure, there will never be big cities in the center of that continent :hihi:
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

Postby Mushy Mushy; Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:31 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Yep, this is why I firmly believe Australia is such a useless country. They haven't really contributed anything at all and this is because all there is to do in that heat is drink beer and play sport. The only two attributes of an Australian.

Well, Australia has temperate climate along the coast (where most people live), Mediterranean even towards the west. Sure, there will never be big cities in the center of that continent :hihi:

Think about it though, all the countries with temperatures in excess of 40 don't really contribute much to the world. At best they'll export wine.
The only exception I can think of is India.

BTW, to everybody else please don't get offended if I'm picking on your country ;) I'm sure it's very lovely indeed and I'm just mucking about.
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:32 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

IncarnateX wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:we had 45°C at the weekend

That would kill me in less than 12 hours, I think. Pheeew. How do anyone manage that? A lot of ice in a bathup and then a dive every hour? You have my deepests symphaties.

Yes, it was tough. No ice here, no pool, either. Only a little fan, which probably saved my life :hihi:

There was not even any wind, it was like when you open your oven and put your hands into it in order to remove what you have just baked in there.

The night was the biggest problem, I had to switch t-shirts every other hour or so.
IncarnateX
KVRAF

Postby IncarnateX; Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:40 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Only sleep in my underpants for the same reason. T-shirts become pretty messy in this heat and is good for nothing apart from using them as floor cloths.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Mushy Mushy wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:

Think about it though, all the countries with temperatures in excess of 40 don't really contribute much to the world. At best they'll export wine.
The only exception I can think of is India.

BTW, please don't get offended if I'm picking on your country ;) I'm sure it's very lovely indeed and I'm just mucking about.

Well, it was a heat wave, it is not the standard temperature here, either, especially not along the coast where most people live.

Your views regarding contribution to the world and exports are wrong. Without the Portuguese, countries like the US would not even exist. It was Portuguese inventions like those giant sailing ships that made world travel possible. Portugal used to be a world power centuries ago, yet it already had the same climate as today.

Wine?! Here a list of the top ten exports:
1. Vehicles: US$6.9 billion (11.1% of total exports)
2. Electrical machinery, equipment: $5.6 billion (9%)
3. Mineral fuels including oil: $4.5 billion (7.3%)
4. Machinery including computers: $3.9 billion (6.3%)
5. Plastics, plastic articles: $3.3 billion (5.3%)
6. Knit or crochet clothing, accessories: $2.4 billion (3.9%)
7. Footwear: $2.3 billion (3.7%)
8. Furniture, bedding, lighting, signs, prefab buildings: $2.2 billion (3.5%)
9. Paper, paper items: $2.1 billion (3.4%)
10. Articles of iron or steel: $1.7 billion (2.8%)
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic