What are you playing ??

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
EnGee
KVRAF
4957 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:40 pm

pekbro wrote:
EnGee wrote:
Few weeks ago, I got Starcraft (the remastered one) and I'm trying to find the time to play it (I have played it in the past but I didn't progress far).
Heh, I hadn't fired up battle.net for so long, I didn't even know they remastered SC.
Had to buy it immediately... One of my all time favorite games. :tu:

btw: A tip for you. Build tons of units, large forces are the key to the campaigns. TONS!
You also have to get fairly good at creating and controlling groups...
I have played it in the past (many years ago!) but at that time I was busy preferring Warcraft II and III. Anyway, I think there are some similarities with Warcraft as I can group (like Ctrl + number), then just call this number when ordering this group.
What I discovered is there is a very active online community for it (and Starcraft II). They still play PvP and it is really popular.

I think Blizzard will release a remastered version of Diablo II as well. This also on my "Must to finish" games from the past! :hihi:

But, I don't know why I find myself melting into those old games (if the graphics is bearable) while the new games (Destiny II for example) makes me feel bored in spite of the action and nice graphics/effects ..etc.
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.
--------------------------------------------------------
My DAW: Windows 10 with Live 9

Sg1122
KVRist
106 posts since 2 Aug, 2017

Re: What are you playing ??

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:27 pm

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20377 ... _Kings_II/

the base game of crusader kings 2 is free on steam right now for the next 48 hours

paradox must be desperate for dlc sales :clown:

V0RT3X
KVRAF
7119 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Canada

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Shovel Knight - Treasure Trove

Good fun game, even though it kind of felt short so far (I’m on the last level for the Shovel knight campaign). I like how it doesn’t hold your hand and is really challenging, although i felt it could have been better if it had a scoring system and life system. Apart from that everything was just incredible, and I grew up with 8-bit systems and loved them.

The 8-bit NES style soundtrack is incredible, and combined with the retro graphics it really makes you feel like this could be running on a 8-bit system.

Not sure how much difference is in the 2 addons but I guess the levels are different? Not really sure I still have to beat the Shovel of hope.

Highly recommended if you are into NES style games.

If you like 8-bit soundtracks, you can get the soundtrack for free here if you want. It’s a no minimum limit fee on bandcamp, but you should donate a few bucks it’s good.
https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/shovel- ... soundtrack
Developers please focus only on 64bit development. Let 32-bit finally die and become a thing of the past.

notsure
KVRer
5 posts since 7 Apr, 2018

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:58 am

Warhammer: Vermintide 2
hit me up on steam at: bloodtoll

DJAleksandr
KVRer
26 posts since 11 Mar, 2018 from Scotland, Europe

Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:10 am

Europa Universalis IV, I'm currently playing as Muscovy and about to start my offensive against The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, wish me luck :D

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
10682 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:43 am

All thoughts of replaying Spec Ops went out the window when it turned out to be incompatible with the OS I'm using :( So, until I get my Windows partition repaired/reinstalled, I'm running through Mafia II...again :tu:

Halonmusic
KVRAF
1666 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:31 am

Mass effect 3

chk071
KVRAF
17340 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue May 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Playing Styx - Master of Shadows ATM. I like it quite a bit.

Sg1122
KVRist
106 posts since 2 Aug, 2017

Post Thu May 17, 2018 5:44 pm

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition is free right now

highly recommend picking this one up

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/gala ... te-edition

pekbro
KVRAF
2047 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Tue May 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Get Unreal Gold for FREE at GOG, Claim before 24 MAY 2018, 5:00 PM UTC

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26231 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Wed May 23, 2018 1:08 am

CD Projekt's masterpiece 'Where's Roach?'
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

Halonmusic
KVRAF
1666 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Wed May 23, 2018 8:30 am

Playing Mass Effect 3 again.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
10682 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Wed May 23, 2018 8:31 am

After a second run-through of Bioshock: Infinite :love: , I've now started Half-Life 2: Episode One

Aliens
KVRian
658 posts since 2 Oct, 2016 from DogGirlDon't

Post Thu May 24, 2018 9:33 pm

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:After a second run-through of Bioshock: Infinite :love: , I've now started Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half life is one of my favourite games. Hope you stick with it and enjoy the ride.
It's almost got everything I want in a game. Action, puzzles, aliens, and the best thing is you can carry all the weapons you pick up. No piddly two gun limit here.

Oh, and we don't go to Ravenholm for a reason. :scared:

EnGee
KVRAF
4957 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Thu May 24, 2018 11:04 pm

The only game I'm playing now is League of Legends :-o I'm playing it daily for about one hour (for months now!) and mostly against AI because it's more relaxing and less toxic than PvP.

On the other hand, i have enough time to spend on music making and no new games to buy :D
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.
--------------------------------------------------------
My DAW: Windows 10 with Live 9

Return to “Off Topic”