How many velocity layers for CP70

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there Steve,
I bought and downloaded the CP70II today, but I only received WAV files for one velocity layer (called "Hard").
In Sound on Sound I had read that there would be two velocity layers, which helped to create the dynamic range that characterises the CP70 so much. What is going on? Please give me a hint.
Hope to hear from you.

Oh, yes, forgot to mention that I don't work in Kontakt, but I use the Wav files on my Korg Oasys.

I've replied to the email you sent me separately.

Thanks Stephen. Think it's good for other readers also to know what was my issue. The actual CP70 Hollow Sun package is now finetuned for Kontakt. I was still under the impression that it was still the same package as the one which was described in Sound on Sound, which was in Akai format. But that was in 2005. That version had two velocity layers.

As Stephen explained to me, in Kontakt he got a lot better results by finetuning the filter, attack and volume for lower velocities than by using different velocity layer multisamples.

Anyway, he was kind enough to send me the old package, which makes it a lot easier for me to work on my Oasys.

The samples really sound great in any case, they are probably the best ones around. I worked with a Nord Stage until now, which had very playable CP70 samples. But these are better. The samples keep "singing" until the very end, because the are not looped.

Return to “Hollow Sun”