How to unlock?

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yesterday I bought novalite, broken and shangrila. After downloading I tried to open it like described in the installation manual. It doesn't worked. Only the Kontakt 5 Player opened but with no instrument. Then I loaded it by the menu within Kontakt 5. Ok, I thought, everything is fine. But I only have Demo Versions. I didn't recieve any serial. There was only the download link and a thank you for purchasing :) How can I change to the full version?

thanks in advance

Hello molotov and welocome to KvR and to Hollow Sun.
molotov wrote:After downloading I tried to open it like described in the installation manual. It doesn't worked. Only the Kontakt 5 Player opened but with no instrument. Then I loaded it by the menu within Kontakt 5. Ok, I thought, everything is fine.
Did you try opening by double-clicking the .nki file? If so, I think that that is a Kontakt 5 bug.
molotov wrote: But I only have Demo Versions. I didn't receive any serial. There was only the download link and a thank you for purchasing :) How can I change to the full version?
There is no serial number for those 3 products; they all require the full version of Kontakt for unlimited use:
Novalite web page wrote:SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Kontakt 4.2.3 full version
Windows® XP (SP2, 32bit) / Vista® (32/64 Bit), Windows 7® (32/64 Bit), Pentium® or Athlon XP 1.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM
Mac OS® X 10.5 or higher, Intel® Core™ Duo 1.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM

NOTE : It will work with the Kontakt Player but only in 'demo' mode and the session will be time limited.
For any third-party product to run in Kontakt Player, the developer needs to agree a Licensing Agreement with NI; this costs a significant amount of money and would result in higher prices for the sounds libraries. Hollow Sun takes the alternative approach, providing products for Kontakt, although as stated above they will run in the Player for a limited time, in "demo" mode.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

^^^ What Darkstar says.

It's phenomenally and prohibitively expensive to pay Native Instruments for a license to use Kontakt Player (five figure sum). I could take the risk but then my products couldn't be priced as they are - they'd be a minimum of £60 each, probably more and by the time anyone has bought just a few of those, they could have bought the full version of Kontakt!

I do make the restrictions clear on every product page at the website (as Darkstar has quoted).

Cheers,

Stephen

always read the SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Well, first: Thanks for reply. I found your stuff in the german Key Magazine. There was no word aybout that demo subject. Ok, sorry, but my system is really up to date with the latest proz and 64 gig RAM. I never watch out for any System requirements. I only check if its windows and if its 64bit compatible.

Ok, then it was my fault. Too bad, but shit happens.

cheers

Sorry - I have no control over what KEYS publishes.

They are good people there and like what we do and, in fairness, they only steer people to HS Towers in their reviews, After that. I'm afraid it's somewhat 'caveat emptor'. And in fairness, I do make it fairly clear of the system requirements.

As it happens, some (many) people buy HS stuff (and other unlicensed libraries from other developers) and use it with with the Player. You just have to be quick before it times out!!

I'll state again that the Kontakt Player thing is terribly confusing. Seriously, if I received £1 for every time I had to explain the damned thing to people, I probably wouldn't need to sell library!!

You see, it's not really a 'player' but a demo for Kontakt with all the inherent limitations of a demo version. Even if you stump up the money and pay for the licence, there are still restrictions (like if you hit the EDIT button, it goes into time limited 'demo mode' and you can't save changes). It's so confusing. I wish they'd just release a proper (paid for and inexpensive) proper player. But they're not keen. And I can understand why (up to a point).

Cheers,

Stephen

from time to time you can find cheap 2nd hand sells of kontkt4 here on KvR. you can also place a "WTB" = "Want To Buy" in the marketplace here. :wink:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

hollowsun wrote:Even if you stump up the money and pay for the licence, there are still restrictions (like if you hit the EDIT button, it goes into time limited 'demo mode' and you can't save changes).
Ah. I have been corrected on that - seems that this is not necessarily so. Seems to vary according to the licensing agreement struck up with NI.

But whatever, the thrust of my reply remains true - that licensing the (ahem) 'free player' is well bloody expensive and if I were to take it up, I couldn't sell my stuff at the price I do - it would have to be ten times the price!

Cheers,

Stephen

Hi Stephen.

Thanks for reply. I have to righting about the KEY Magazine. They wrote that you need the Full Version of Kontakt for your stuff. I think that I was maybe a kind of confused with "Kontakt" and the "Kontakt Player". I don't want to blame you. It was my fault. Basta :)

I need 5 Minutes with the tube to stand in front of NI's door to blame them. Anyway, keep up your nice work and I think about to get Kontakt.

Last question: When I load one of your instruments in the Kontakt Player I don't get different sounds. I only have one sound and can't switch to another. How can I fix that?

cheers

Christian

molotov wrote:I think about to get Kontakt.
It's worth it. It's an initial outlay but once you have it, there's a whole universe of sounds out there play with, many of them free, lots of them quite cheap, many inexpensive, lots that are reasonably priced and then the silly money ones
molotov wrote:Last question: When I load one of your instruments in the Kontakt Player I don't get different sounds. I only have one sound and can't switch to another. How can I fix that?
There are two little arrows next to the patch/program name which you can use to select different NKIs that are in the same INSTRUMENTS folder.

Return to “Hollow Sun”