DrumSpillage 2.5 Roadmap and Update Information

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hopefully stephen is doing well and will get around to drumspillage eventually.

dayjob wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:52 pm hopefully stephen is doing well and will get around to drumspillage eventually.
I too hope he’s doing personally well and is in good health. But it’s time to accept that development of the DrumSpillage software is well and truly dead.

I’d add a video link to the Monty Python “dead parrot” sketch, but that would take more effort than the developer has devoted to DrumSpillage for several years, or almost certainly ever will again, so why bother? :hihi:

masterhiggins wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:26 pm Either way, it’s really annoying that there’s been absolutely no communication to the users. Even if you’re busy, it literally takes about 1 min to craft a couple sentences to let people know that you give a damn about their business.
True. However, I know from personal experience how avoiding things out of overwhelm of dealing with a situation works. Once you feel responsibility, like you owe someone to do something, and you feel like you have put it off too long, the longer you wait, it becomes more and more a seeming impossibility to act.
I don't know if that's what has happened here. Everybody makes assumptions from their personal experience.

As the situation is, I am not angry. I paid some money for software and I used that software for a while. I would perfer to be able to get (paid) updates so I can keep using it.

I proposed working something out with another developer. Either way, I would encourage to consider a few options and let people know what is being considered or has been decided. That would be appreciated, I think.
I don't need information why there hasn't been communication for quite a while.

I also would like to say that if it is indeed some guilty conscience for not communicating, everybody has stuff going on. It is not like people are stopping everything and waiting for a specific software update. It's not that big of a deal is what I am trying to say.
Water under the bridge, lets move on.

I was a bit nervous to buy this as I wondered if the serial would come through ok but it appeared after about 15 minutes and installs fine (Logic 10.6.2, OSX 10.15.7)

Secret weapon?! Sounds absolutely massive. :love:

I sent an email, no response.

This is one of my most anticipated releases as well, I hope the developer is doing ok too. I honestly wouldn’t mind if the update takes a while longer, or anything like that. I’d really just like an update, or at least a confirmation if it’s still being worked on or not. I just hope it isn’t killed by an update or something someday.

All I can say (because I don't know more eh) is that back in december 2019, Stephen was working on new DS features. I hope he's OK, he's a super nice chap and an equally talented dev.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

perpetual3 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:32 am I sent an email, no response.
Welcome to the club. I’ve sent several. Once about a year ago I got a one word response from him on Twitter but that’s it.

"Can I transfer my license to another user? If so how?

Yes, simply email us (see contact page) with the new owner's details and we'll transfer the license in full for free. The license will not be downgraded to an NFR license."

Did anyone recently made use of this, either buying or selling Drumspillage ?

AU version seems fine in logic on latest big sur update. so, that's nice.

it is. also works on M1 via rosetta

Working on Monterey as well.

Ploki wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:59 am Working on Monterey as well.
hoping we get an apple silicon native version in the next 12 months or so. i forget what the timeline is for rosetta 2 being dropped.

Whenever I see a new post in this thread, my hopes skyrocket, only to come crashing down again.

dayjob wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:06 pm
Ploki wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:59 am Working on Monterey as well.
hoping we get an apple silicon native version in the next 12 months or so. i forget what the timeline is for rosetta 2 being dropped.
I'd love to see this as well

Return to “AudioSpillage”