Latest release/build/beta

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kingtubby wrote:Or perhaps you could just change it so that the L key toggles looping on/off, rather than having to hold it down.

Mart.
I think I'll just keep it like this and just add a menu option.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Just added an alternative interface layout when the lossless mode is turned on as to hide the grayed out controls and use more vertical space for the image. Any thoughts?

I think it is a great idea. Gaining more screen height
at basically no loss of functionality.
Cheers,
Scott

rexlapin wrote:I think it is a great idea. Gaining more screen height
at basically no loss of functionality.
Cheers,
Scott
I'm thinking of creating a menu option to also be able to select the interface layout manually, in case in non-lossless mode you might want to have that same layout anyway. I'm also thinking of a third layout, perhaps more radical, perhaps even with the image area taking as much of the space as possible, perhaps even the whole window...

New build out, Photosounder v1.7.3 release candidate, both Mac and Windows builds, see the top post.

A_SN wrote:On the Mac version I've at last added native Mac menus, complete with working shortcuts, thus replacing the in-window menus. The old one-key shortcuts still work on top of having the menu shortcuts that use the Command key, so you can undo either with U or Cmd-Z.
I just downloaded 1.7.2 from my account and it feels much snappier than 1.6.6!

However, on my system there were no native Mac menus to be seen, and no standard keyboard shortcuts (i.e. cmd+Q, cmd+Z, etc did nothing).

I still run 10.4.11 (for stability!) on my MacBook Pro.

You mentioned that you now use 10.6 for builds; perhaps that's to blame for the missing menus?

I'll test on 10.5.8 later today.

Best,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
A_SN wrote:On the Mac version I've at last added native Mac menus, complete with working shortcuts, thus replacing the in-window menus. The old one-key shortcuts still work on top of having the menu shortcuts that use the Command key, so you can undo either with U or Cmd-Z.

However, on my system there were no native Mac menus to be seen, and no standard keyboard shortcuts (i.e. cmd+Q, cmd+Z, etc did nothing).

I still run 10.4.11 (for stability!) on my MacBook Pro.

You mentioned that you now use 10.6 for builds; perhaps that's to blame for the missing menus?

I'll test on 10.5.8 later today.

Best,

Joachim
No no that's only in version 1.7.3 that is until now only available from the link in the first post of that thread (oops just realised I deleted these files in anticipation of the release). I'm releasing it officially today though.

A_SN wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:

[snip]
No no that's only in version 1.7.3 that is until now only available from the link in the first post of that thread (oops just realised I deleted these files in anticipation of the release). I'm releasing it officially today though.
Thanks for the heads-up! Looking forward to 1.7.3.

Best,

Joachim

Spitfire31 wrote:Thanks for the heads-up! Looking forward to 1.7.3.

Best,

Joachim
It's released just now, you can download it.

On the Windows build the only difference with the RC from a couple of weeks ago is I turned the optimisations back on, so the bug on the last few seconds of long tracks in lossless is still there, but I'm still working on getting it to work with the Intel Compiler (everything works except loading sounds, but I'll get it working and will use it for future releases).

Many thanks for 1.7.3. The bad news is that it won't start up on my system 10.4.11 (where 1.7.2 worked fine before).

Does 1.7.3 now need Leopard or Snow Leopard?

Best,

Joachim

Spitfire31 wrote:Many thanks for 1.7.3. The bad news is that it won't start up on my system 10.4.11 (where 1.7.2 worked fine before).

Does 1.7.3 now need Leopard or Snow Leopard?

Best,

Joachim
Weird, what does it say? I thought I'd tried it on my Tiger machine...

It says nothing. I double click and the app icon starts to zoom up, but then - nothing.

I've seen similar behaviour in Tiger with apps that need Leopard.

As noted above, 1.7.2 works without hitch. I downgraded just to check. No problem.

It would be interesting to hear from someone else with 10.4.11 and Intel.

Best,

Joachim

Spitfire31 wrote:It says nothing. I double click and the app icon starts to zoom up, but then - nothing.

I've seen similar behaviour in Tiger with apps that need Leopard.

As noted above, 1.7.2 works without hitch. I downgraded just to check. No problem.

It would be interesting to hear from someone else with 10.4.11 and Intel.

Best,

Joachim
What about logfile.txt, does it say anything/does it even get created?

It doesn't get far enough to create a logfile, apparently. 1.7.2 does, but not 1.7.3.

Spitfire31 wrote:It doesn't get far enough to create a logfile, apparently. 1.7.2 does, but not 1.7.3.
Damn, that's what I get for not having beta testers hehe. I had it compiled with the 10.6 SDK so it could only run with Snow Leopard. Now I've built it with the 10.4 SDK now so it should work on all. It's updated on the server, can you try it out please?

By the way now there shouldn't be any difference with the older builds in the code that hasn't changed as in order to build for 10.4 you need to use the same version of the compiler as I used on my 10.4 building machine.

Return to “Photosounder”