HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Official support for: photosounder.com
panspOrmia
KVRer
4 posts since 8 Sep, 2013 from Canada + Brazil

Post Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:46 am

Greetings,<br /><br />I just bought Photosounder (not realizing there was a demo to try first), and I can`t get it to load at all. I keep getting: `Photosounder.exe has stopped working`. Also, Windows 7 reports a `Problem Event Name: BEX`.

I`m on Windows 7 (PC) 64bit, Thinkpad w520 QuadCore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

cheers,
pete

A_SN
KVRian
966 posts since 6 May, 2008 from Poland

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:56 am

Mmmh, do you have a crash report?

I'm about to make a new version btw, 64-bit instead of 32, compiled with Visual Studio 2015 instead of 2010, send me an email so I can send you a build and you can tell me if it does anything.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

guilebarros
KVRer
1 posts since 5 Feb, 2017

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:50 pm

I just purchased Photosounder and it's crashing too. It just don't install. What can I do?

panspOrmia
KVRer
4 posts since 8 Sep, 2013 from Canada + Brazil

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Send a PM to A_SN, who I think is the developer of Photosounder (the post just before yours). He immediately solved the issue for me, and I`m sure he`ll do the same for you. Great developer and superb customer support!

A_SN
KVRian
966 posts since 6 May, 2008 from Poland

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:17 am

In guilebarros's case it's a bit different, it's a Sierra problem, Apple breaking old apps to make developers use their sinking ship of an app store. I'm working on a new version for Sierra, as it is I just have a little problem with a final step, once it's solved it should work fine.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

go_fig
KVRer
2 posts since 9 Jun, 2017

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:52 pm

I just purchased Photosounder and found that it won't load (immediate crash) on my Macbook Pro, mid-2010, running macOS Sierra 10.12.2. This goes for 1.9 and the latest beta.

go_fig
KVRer
2 posts since 9 Jun, 2017

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:41 am

Sorry, I'd missed the Sierra-specific version. Durr. It works fine.

A_SN
KVRian
966 posts since 6 May, 2008 from Poland

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:11 am

go_fig wrote:Sorry, I'd missed the Sierra-specific version. Durr. It works fine.
You didn't miss it, I added it today :). Sadly for the demo it only works if you launch it from the Terminal, I forgot how to make a DMG properly...
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Ivn_Os
KVRer
4 posts since 19 Nov, 2012

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:51 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Catch some problems with opening of img files on OSX ElCaptain
Sierra Version App- just crashes
OSX App Load nothing and show log like this

Code: Select all (#)

File not found: /Users/***/Desktop/***.jpg
File /Users/***/Desktop/***.jpg couldn't be opened
fopen() returns NULL

A_SN
KVRian
966 posts since 6 May, 2008 from Poland

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:13 am

Ivn_Os wrote:Catch some problems with opening of img files on OSX ElCaptain
Sierra Version App- just crashes
OSX App Load nothing and show log like this

Code: Select all

File not found: /Users/***/Desktop/***.jpg
File /Users/***/Desktop/***.jpg couldn't be opened
fopen() returns NULL
It looks like your image's path might have some unicode characters in it. What's the actual file name? Anyway, coincidentally I fixed that problem yesterday (I was converting strings from open dialogs to basic ASCII instead of utf-8, which means it doesn't work if you have special characters), I haven't made a new build though, so in the meantime you should put files to open in a path with no non-ASCII characters in it. I suspect your user name (the "***" in "/Users/***/") is also unicode, so you'd want to avoid anything there, that includes the Desktop folder, Downloads, Documents folders and so on. Sorry about that, hopefully I can put out a new version soon.

Oh and as for Sierra, I assume you mean using the demo, you need to follow the special instructions on the download page.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Ivn_Os
KVRer
4 posts since 19 Nov, 2012

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:29 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
A_SN wrote:
Ivn_Os wrote:Catch some problems with opening of img files on OSX ElCaptain
Sierra Version App- just crashes
OSX App Load nothing and show log like this

Code: Select all (#)

File not found: /Users/***/Desktop/***.jpg
File /Users/***/Desktop/***.jpg couldn't be opened
fopen() returns NULL
It looks like your image's path might have some unicode characters in it. What's the actual file name? Anyway, coincidentally I fixed that problem yesterday (I was converting strings from open dialogs to basic ASCII instead of utf-8, which means it doesn't work if you have special characters), I haven't made a new build though, so in the meantime you should put files to open in a path with no non-ASCII characters in it. I suspect your user name (the "***" in "/Users/***/") is also unicode, so you'd want to avoid anything there, that includes the Desktop folder, Downloads, Documents folders and so on. Sorry about that, hopefully I can put out a new version soon.

Oh and as for Sierra, I assume you mean using the demo, you need to follow the special instructions on the download page.
I tried to open files with different names (no special characters). Same problem.
My user name also have no special characters (IvnOs).
Non user folder images open well.
Also [.wav] files located at user folder open well (except slow spectrum draw with heavy CPU load in parallel).

As for Sierra, i just updated my OSX and using updated Photosounder version for Sierra. But i'm not sure where should i put license file and other contents like manual?

Also is it normal that Photosounder opens 2sec [.wav] sound files for about a 1 minute and heavily loads CPU during almost every action?

And last thing i found is that after opening of image file and trying to create new one (cmd+n) program also always crash.

A_SN
KVRian
966 posts since 6 May, 2008 from Poland

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:43 am

Ivn_Os wrote:I tried to open files with different names (no special characters). Same problem.
My user name also have no special characters (IvnOs).
Non user folder images open well.
Then what's the "***"? Please don't edit your logs.
Ivn_Os wrote:As for Sierra, i just updated my OSX and using updated Photosounder version for Sierra. But i'm not sure where should i put license file and other contents like manual?
The license file goes in the same folder as Photosounder.
Ivn_Os wrote:lso is it normal that Photosounder opens 2sec [.wav] sound files for about a 1 minute and heavily loads CPU during almost every action?
Only if your computer is from 1999. You've got lots of strange stuff going on, I'm gonna need more details.
Ivn_Os wrote:And last thing i found is that after opening of image file and trying to create new one (cmd+n) program also always crash.
Can you post a crash log of the Cmd+N crash? Thank you.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Ivn_Os
KVRer
4 posts since 19 Nov, 2012

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:37 pm

A_SN wrote: Then what's the "***"? Please don't edit your logs.
Sorry just made asterisks because of being a little bit paranoid, about my personal info.

A_SN wrote: Only if your computer is from 1999. You've got lots of strange stuff going on, I'm gonna need more details.
I would be happy to send you any information you need.
A_SN wrote: Can you post a crash log of the Cmd+N crash? Thank you.
Added log in attach
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A_SN
KVRian
966 posts since 6 May, 2008 from Poland

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:39 am

Ivn_Os wrote:
A_SN wrote: Only if your computer is from 1999. You've got lots of strange stuff going on, I'm gonna need more details.
I would be happy to send you any information you need.
I'm not even sure what to ask for, there's no reason for a short sound to take so long to load. Is it the same with many other such short sounds? What computer model do you have?
Ivn_Os wrote:
A_SN wrote: Can you post a crash log of the Cmd+N crash? Thank you.
Added log in attach
Excellent thank you, the log showed me where it occurs, I just fixed it (I think). I'll let you know when I can send you a new version to try.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Ivn_Os
KVRer
4 posts since 19 Nov, 2012

Re: HELP! --- Photosounder crashing (won`t load at all)

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:39 pm

A_SN wrote:I'm not even sure what to ask for, there's no reason for a short sound to take so long to load. Is it the same with many other such short sounds? What computer model do you have?
Every sound loading like i open a picture via dial-up modem. Also need to mention that longer files take the same amount of time to load.
I use iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), 3,3 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB

A_SN wrote: Excellent thank you, the log showed me where it occurs, I just fixed it (I think). I'll let you know when I can send you a new version to try.
I would be happy to help you improve your software. May be If you need more testing on mac os we could start to discuss this by email?

Return to “Photosounder”