Strummaker IV variation throughout song

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm considering buying SM IV, and I've watched all the videos and listened to all the demos I can find. One question I have concerns whether There's a way to add variation to a pattern that repeats for several measures. For example, if you're just doing up/down strums on G for a few measures, will each measure be identical? Obviously on a real guitar, it would not be the same throughout.

I'm not certain, but would this variation be considered "round robin"? Does SM have that?

Thanks!

There are a few ways to add some variation to the Patterns. You can link Patterns together (up to eight)using the Chain function. You can make duplicate Patterns and make subtle changes in them. A simple, but effective way to introduce some variation to a repeating Pattern is to use the Strength slider in the Pattern Edit area. It allows you to control the overall strength (like a master key velocity) of the strums. Using Kontakt's "Learn CC# Automation", you can assign the slider to a mod wheel, or just draw controller data right into your DAW. This will make a Pattern sound much more 'live', since it is possible to accent certain beats, make the strums stronger during a chorus, etc.

Thanks for the tips. The audio demos sound great, so I should probably not be so concerned about it.

Can the strum pattern be changed,
so instead of just [up and down],
could there be [down/down/up/down/up/up/down] for example?

Thank you!

Yes, you have a choice of down or up strum for each step of the pattern.

Return to “Indiginus”