Partition table Error #108 / BADMBR

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone had this error after using partition magic and found a way to resolve it?

Regards,
Last edited by Goseba on Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

that may be a job for symantecs support there. either way it doesnt sound good, hope you make out ok there.

I looked on the Symantec site and they acknowledge the issue but don't offer a solution :(
My PC is still usable but I cannot back any partitions up on the drive - it is one big 'bad' drive.
The error I have found out is to do with cylinders and heads not matching the physical drive.

I can ask the guru where I work and see if he has anything to say about it...

Goseba wrote:Has anyone had this error after using partition magic and found a way to resolve it?

Regards,
I had that w/PM8 and just backed up all my shit on DVDs, reformatted my unpartitioned HD, then repartitioned it, and reinstalled everything, including Windows + DVDs

Now my computer's fine

Hope this helped

Stupid American Pig wrote:I can ask the guru where I work and see if he has anything to say about it...
Thank you.

G-Ro124 wrote: I had that w/PM8 and just backed up all my shit on DVDs, reformatted my unpartitioned HD, then repartitioned it, and reinstalled everything, including Windows + DVDs

Now my computer's fine

Hope this helped
I will have to do similar as a last resort.

Goseba wrote:
G-Ro124 wrote: I had that w/PM8 and just backed up all my shit on DVDs, reformatted my unpartitioned HD, then repartitioned it, and reinstalled everything, including Windows + DVDs

Now my computer's fine

Hope this helped
I will have to do similar as a last resort.
good luck dawg, you'll need it :tu:

Only bad luck so far.
I bought a new H/D and tried to copy an image to it and now my new HD has the same problem :cry:
(Only in hindsight do I realise that it was while restoring that image the first time that the problem occurred. That image is now deleted).

I have tried FDISK and FDISK /MBR on the new disc but they do nothing.

Anyone else with any thoughts.

I had the same problem, I found a free utility which basically creted a new master boot record, cant remember what it was so youll have to google

just found this bit of info though

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docu ... o_ldau.asp
Amazon: why not use an alternative

http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/

might be useful too
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Maybe you already know this, from Dos, fix mbr. There is a ntfs dos diskette that allows you to boot to command line if your drives are formatted to NTFS tables. Or you can run it from the recovery console off of the XP disk.
HTH - I feel your pain.

Hey, thanks for the suggestions.

So far I have recovered my new drive using basic DOS commands (relief, I haven't even paid for it yet) but not my original drive.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”