EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good morning, I continue with my problem. Sometimes I start my computer and this warning appears. It is very annoying because I have to uninstall everything and reinstall. And lately it is not so easily solved either. No one has this problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

As for drivers, Motu leads the way. All your boards, even if they are older, have current drivers, maybe I will buy an 896 mk2

l_maseroni,

You might be interested in joining the Facebook Cubase Users group. I recall some posts regarding latency issues with MOTU sound interfaces. You might see what others there are using with success.

One of the "best" interface brands from what I can tell is RME. Supposedly some of the original engineers responsible for developing the onboard chips for the Emu interfaces went there after issues with the Creative takeover.

As to your hardware missing message, after you got your 1010 card working previously, did you go into your PC motherboard's BIOS setup and reserve the IRQ's (there are several) that the 1010 card wants to have all to itself? MAny motherboard BIOS' allow IRQ's to be "assigned" as reserved for specific hardware. I recall having issues on occasion with the 1010 card and IRQ assignment conflicts. Worth a look.

Rawl

Hi. I have been following you guys for a while now. Excellent job sherwoodsound and ClubHouseKey!
I have the 1616m PCMCIA version.
I held back upgrading my old laptop for years because I knew that the 1616m would not work on newer systems.
I have tried UAD's stuff (apolloX4) as well as MOTU.
As far as I can see there is no mixing + fx console that comes CLOSE to the versatility of patchmixDSP.
My question:
1. My new laptop has Thunderbolt 3.0 and is running windows 10. However, there is no PCMCIA slot. Is there any way I can get the 1616m system card to work on my newer PC? PCMCIA adapter? Any Solutions?
2. If not :-( , which console software / interface is the most similar to the 1616m / patchmixDSP software?

Thanks,
Shmuel.

2004 update broke my drivers as I expected, but procedure is still working. Everything is fine now except windows volume control is not linked with PatchMix monitor volume control just like I had before.
Is there a known fix for this issue?

smg49 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:54 am 2. If not :-( , which console software / interface is the most similar to the 1616m / patchmixDSP software?
I too am interested in this answer. An earlier poster may have mentioned that his Focusrite solution had a good mix console. I had planned on looking into RME.

smg49 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:54 am
2. If not :-( , which console software / interface is the most similar to the 1616m / patchmixDSP software?
I too am interested in this answer. An earlier poster may have mentioned that his Focusrite solution had a good mix console. I had planned on looking into RME.
This is what I went with based on the same criteria along with price...

https://us.focusrite.com/en/usb-audio-i ... lett-18i20

I tried the Apollo x4. I think is way overpriced and the console is very limited.
I am going with the Motu Ultralite Avb. It has limitless routing capabilities but lacks proper FX but it does have a dedicated gate, compressor, and EQ for each channel. I will use that in combination with Waves Super Rack with all of the various FX plugins. That's the plan.

Windows 10 has released a new version 2004 It is currently being installed, we will see how the E-MU 1616M PCI-e will handle it. :wink:

Unfortunately it DOESN'T WORK!
I have to do the driver installation for the E-MU1616M PCI-e again.
I'll let you know if it worked.

Awww, I almost had this, but alas. Ive got the 1212m and daughterboard, but I never even got the chance to run it on win7. I built a machine in 2007 and couldn't find a suitable MB that had PCI + PCIe, so I put the 1212m in an anti-static bag and its been there ever since. I guess I should sell it at some point, if people are still into them.

Today I did as instructed by a ClubHouseKey member. Tried on the 2004 version of Windows 10, on the E-MU1616M PCI-e sound card.

• Instructions:
    1. Uninstall any existing EMU drivers and PatchMix versions.
    2. Install 2.30 beta drivers (EmuPMX PCDrv US 2 30 00 BETA.exe) and reboot.
    3. Download XFTI PCDRV L11 2 40 0018.exe, then extract it with 7-Zip to a temp
      folder like C:\temp. Example file structure should look like this:
      c:\temp\XFTI PCDRV L11 2 40 0018\setup.exe
    4. Unzip the attached ScriptFiles.zip to c:\temp. You should now have
      FilesToReplace.csv, EMU Driver Fix.ps1, and the XFTI PCDRV L11 2 40 0018 folder
      together in c:\temp.
    5. Open an Elevated powershell window and change directory to c:\temp.
    6. Run .\EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1 from the Elevated powershell window.
      The script does 3 things: 1) Disables the EMU card in device manager so we can
      overwrite some of the driver files. 2) Reads the csv, loops through each entry,
      and overwrites the necessary files. 3) Re-enables the EMU card in device manager.
    7. Install PatchMix 2.20 (EmuPMX PCApp US 2 20 00.exe) and reboot.
    8. Your card should be fully functional now.
The procedure went without any problems. Sound card WORKS on a newer version of Windows 10 (2004). :wink:

Glad to hear it.
Rawl

Just installed E-Mu 1212m and Patchmix DSP on Windows 7 desktop after over ten years of inactivity, updated all drivers and Cubase SX2 software to latest iterations and everything is working flawlessly. It sounds amazing. I am glad that I found this thread, it was a big help. I just finished installing Emulator X from the original CD and and when I open the program it asks for the original CD for authentication and it fails authentication.I am pretty sure that I registered this software when I bought it back in 2010. The registration window fails also. Can someone help with this problem please?

tobra wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:38 am
tobra wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 amMy sound card E-MU1616m PCI-e works but there is one problem!
What cannot be recorded via the WDM driver?
Does anyone have this problem as me?
Sorry I'm a little late to reply to this, but I recently discovered this exact problem on my own system. Specifically, I've been trying to get my DAW strip or mic strip to pipe into OBS or Zoom with no success. Like you said, it's as if the mic is off. In fact, I can't even get Windows to acknowledge the mic signal in its own Sound Control Panel.

There are two types of strip in Patchmix - ASIO and WAVE. The DAW and mic strips are ASIO. The Windows strip is WAVE. For example, OBS recognizes the "desktop audio" which it's receiving from the Windows WAVE strip.

Seems the problem is that the ASIO strips in Patchmix exist in a completely different universe than WAVE strips, and Windows just isn't recieving those ASIO signals at all. That's great for stability when recording I guess, but it fails us when we want to get that DAW or mic audio into a Windows WAVE-based program like OBS or Zoom.

After a lot of experimenting with settings in Patchmix, Windows, and the rest, I have yet to come up with a working solution. The fact is, the "WAVE L/R HOST" send function in Patchmix is completely useless for me at this time.

I just wanted to let you know you are definitely not alone in this issue. I would really like to stream high quality, stereo, live music. After giving up on this issue, I created a workaround by piping my music out from my headphone jack to my phone and then using my phone to broadcast online. The fidelity is respectable, but it's limited to a mono signal due to the phone's limitation. It's also frustrating that my super computer isn't getting maximum use and my little phone has to pick up the slack.

The only thing I can say for sure is that the problem exists in the communication between Patchmix and Windows. It has nothing to do with the other programs, as they're just waiting on a WAVE signal that Windows is unable to provide. I'll be sure to let you know if I hear of any potential solutions, but my guess is we're stuck with workarounds at best.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”