seriously??? latency with asio4all leaving focusrite 2i2 drivers in the dust?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
KVRer
28 posts since 25 Jan, 2013

Post Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:31 pm

DeBro, you are the man. This driver absolutely smokes the 2.5.128.x one that I was on. Now slightly faster than Asio4all reports (and probably even a bit beyond that in reality). Also I noticed that even the Asio drivers are now faster... After the driver update, MixControl stopped working, so I downloaded the latest version, which among other things listed a firmware update, but not specifically to address latency; may have been updated on one of the versions I missed as I was a few behind.

At similar reported latencies during my brief torture test the Asio4all crapped out just a little less than the official ones, presumably because I am able to disable the audio inputs when they are not needed in Asio4all; also of course the reported latencies may not be 100% accurate. Definitely gonna give the Focusrite ones a shot.

Conclusion: Couldn't be happier! Thanks so much DeBro. You da real MVP :tu:

KVRAF
2567 posts since 15 Jun, 2006

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:50 am

How are your plugin counts/cpu performance with the focus rite drivers,
compared to other brands rme etc.... Is it worth getting an rme babyface?

KVRAF
3260 posts since 28 Jan, 2011 from MEXICO

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:48 pm

Focusrite has never developed great ASIO drivers, I had a Saffire 1 and it sucked.

Steinberg has way better ASIO drivers in the same price range.
dedication to flying

KVRist
421 posts since 25 Nov, 2010

Post Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:11 am

M-audio m-track plus 2 here. Crackling noise with M-audio drivers and Ableton Lite. Asio4all fixed it. Don't have this problem in Reason. Strange.

KVRer
1 posts since 25 Oct, 2007 from New York

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:07 pm

3.2.2 driver is on the Beta website additionally so is the newer 4.x.x driver for the scarlet series.

KVRian
997 posts since 2 Oct, 2016 from Planet X-19

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:32 pm

Thanks for the thread bump. I had no idea this site existed. :tu:

Just installed v4, and quick first impression, all looks and more importantly sounds good.
Like the control panel update, and getting much lower latency figures.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”