What does Sierra or High Sierra offer related to music production

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sprnva wrote:Re: KLC, Korg are after releasing a High Sierra compatibility update.
They already did, but it's unbelievable what Korg is doing. They left the plug-ins abandoned for three years, inglored the so much requested GUI lifting, but they updated them for High Sierra compatibility. :borg:

Well, good for those that absolutely need to migrate to the new OS, but shame on Korg for abandoning something that had so much potential.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
sprnva wrote:Re: KLC, Korg are after releasing a High Sierra compatibility update.
They already did, but it's unbelievable what Korg is doing. They left the plug-ins abandoned for three years, inglored the so much requested GUI lifting, but they updated them for High Sierra compatibility. :borg:

Well, good for those that absolutely need to migrate to the new OS, but shame on Korg for abandoning something that had so much potential.
Have you tweeted to Korg and contributed to this thread:

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/c ... d-Support-

?

:-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Ustun wrote:What would I get if I upgrade to Sierra or High Sierra related to music production
A migraine.

High Sierra seems for the most part to be a meh update, except Metal 2, I dunno if plugs like Replica can work better now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS_High_Sierra#Changes

Genius marketing by Apple by the way, all vendors are shipping e-mails about being High Sierra compatible at this time. So even though a punter isn't checking Apple website, will not escape info about the new release.

To prove my point, just got this message from a dev:
We bet you're excited about Apple's new macOS High Sierra release, yet you might be concerned with the new system's compatibility with your plug-ins, and so are we. We're therefore happy to report that all our products are fully compatible with macOS High Sierra
I am so excited that I unsubscribed from that mailing list straight away :lol:

Sampleconstruct wrote:I recently upgraded to Sierra after holding back, as the rule is to always stay one OS behind, yet with the next OS around the corner one has to upgrade because Sierra won't be around anymore as soon as High Sierra has been released. Fortunately all my plugins work, all drivers for audio interfaces and hardware controllers work so I have no issues to report at all.
You needn't have rushed to install it. As long as you download the outgoing os from the Appstore before the incoming appears, it will remain available as a previous purchase. You can then install at your leisure.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:I recently upgraded to Sierra after holding back, as the rule is to always stay one OS behind, yet with the next OS around the corner one has to upgrade because Sierra won't be around anymore as soon as High Sierra has been released. Fortunately all my plugins work, all drivers for audio interfaces and hardware controllers work so I have no issues to report at all.
You needn't have rushed to install it. As long as you download the outgoing os from the Appstore before the incoming appears, it will remain available as a previous purchase. You can then install at your leisure.
That's true. The only request is to download it. But I have installed it too, as well. After all, it is a mature OS by now, and all the current applications are already compatible.

For the older ones, I still have Mavericks.
Fernando (FMR)

Thanks to all for your comments, they were really helpful!

I decided to stay on El Capitan since I think only the new file system that comes with High Sierra could be a reason for an upgrade so I'm skipping Sierra and High Sierra is not mature enough (probably) to update yet.

Besides that;
Daags wrote:
Ustun wrote:What would I get if I upgrade to Sierra or High Sierra related to music production
A migraine.
:lol:

For the record, Apple took off Sierra from the App Store. So even if you had already installed it, and therefore supposedly "purchased" it, you can't download it anymore. Only way to reinstall it in the current computer would be through the Restore partition.

Better make a clone of your hard-drive with Carbon Copy Cloner, just in case. This is something that Apple should reconsider. It was just about a week ago that High Sierra was launched :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

Better integration for iOS devices as midi devices for your mac without a 3rd party tool (audio works already this way since a while).

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”