Help to buy a consumer USB Audio Card that runs well with Cubase, to connect consumer speakers.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(I already have a professional audio card RME and need another one for monitoring purpose)
Hello, I need your precious help to find an USB consumer audiocard (i.e. creative, asus) that runs well with Cubase. I need this to playback the mix on consumer speakers within Cubase.

I have already had an usb cheap audio card, the Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro, but when I played it into cubase the playback was faster than the actual song and on Cubase forum they told me that the problem is that this card doesn't have 44.1 sample rate.
So a must have is the 44.1/24 sample rate specification.

The best would be if anyone already got one running with a DAW so I can totally trust it.

Thank you kvers!

Could you use a monitor controller to switch back and forth between your speakers instead of using a second audio card to drive them?
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BigKnobPass
That's just one option, they come in many varieties.

Are you on Windows?
I may possibly be mis-understanding the question, but... Why not just use the on-the-motherboard soundchip and use the system tray volume playback devices facility to switch speakers?

Googly Smythe wrote:Are you on Windows?
I may possibly be mis-understanding the question, but... Why not just use the on-the-motherboard soundchip and use the system tray volume playback devices facility to switch speakers?
Never mind - I tried it, it doesn't work.

mementus wrote:(I already have a professional audio card RME and need another one for monitoring purpose)
Hello, I need your precious help to find an USB consumer audiocard (i.e. creative, asus) that runs well with Cubase. I need this to playback the mix on consumer speakers within Cubase.

I have already had an usb cheap audio card, the Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro, but when I played it into cubase the playback was faster than the actual song and on Cubase forum they told me that the problem is that this card doesn't have 44.1 sample rate.
So a must have is the 44.1/24 sample rate specification.

The best would be if anyone already got one running with a DAW so I can totally trust it.

Thank you kvers!
Couldn't you change your projects to 48 / 24 and use the Sound Blaster ?

I'm thinking in also buy something cheaper, and I am thinking in this:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... r-audio-2/
Fernando (FMR)

Ph-J wrote:
Couldn't you change your projects to 48 / 24 and use the Sound Blaster ?
I've had Creative Extigy 15 years ago - and they were fixed 48 k - which Creative support said was standard.

Also discovered that spdif transfer were always run through their compressors and reduced quality from my portastudio then.

Probably same here then.

Best to stay away from those guys....

Many things like CD are 44k - so who want to be stuck on 48k.
And making mp3:s I wonder if all players support those at 48k - but not sure about that.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”