i7 8700k compared to Ryzen 1700/1800 for DAW perfomance

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

phreaque wrote:Ryzen 7 2700: 10C/20T @ 4.0/4.5GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1700)
Ryzen 7 2800: 12C/24T @ 4.4/4.9GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1700X)
Ryzen 7 2800X: 12C/24T @ 4.6/5.1GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1800X)

Better yet, the pricing on these new Ryzen 2 processors is damn good with the Ryzen 7 2700 starting at $329, the Ryzen 7 2800 priced at $399 while the flagship Ryzen 7 2800X will be priced at $449.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/60100/am ... index.html
Apparently this is from a fake slide someone made i.e. fake news

not really surprising :wink:

Scan computers have recommended the i9 over the Threadripper due to the better latency performance. It looks like it only really matters though when you switch the DAW samples to low. I'm dreading the Spectrasonics Trilian, Omnisphere and Keyscape install.

I'm really interested in this thread, been recommended an 8700k with Asus Rog strix z3070-f motherboard for my new build. According to the single core performance chart its more than double my current Xeon x5687, if that translates into real world increases I'll be well happy!

£700 upgrade with memory, I have the other parts

Jax Pok wrote:Scan computers have recommended the i9 over the Threadripper due to the better latency performance. It looks like it only really matters though when you switch the DAW samples to low. I'm dreading the Spectrasonics Trilian, Omnisphere and Keyscape install.
the i9 and threadripper should be in another thread, here it is all about the i7 vs ryzen

rsmus7 wrote:
Jax Pok wrote:Scan computers have recommended the i9 over the Threadripper due to the better latency performance. It looks like it only really matters though when you switch the DAW samples to low. I'm dreading the Spectrasonics Trilian, Omnisphere and Keyscape install.
the i9 and threadripper should be in another thread, here it is all about the i7 vs ryzen
I know I'm just saying

rsmus7 wrote:
I know I'm just saying

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”