iLok License Manager seeing the same computer as another one

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Problem solved!

I recently connected a USB bluetooth adapter to my PC and this caused iLok to think it's not the same PC anymore. After disconnecting the bluetooth adapter all my licenses were available again.

Now back to installing my plugins (mainly Softube and some of the freebies from SoundToys) :D

So iLok made the simple mistake of taking network card(bluetooth in this case) mac-address to identify computer. So really stupid if they don't catch that at install - and not every startup.

Reefius wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:37 pm Problem solved!

I recently connected a USB bluetooth adapter to my PC and this caused iLok to think it's not the same PC anymore. After disconnecting the bluetooth adapter all my licenses were available again.

Now back to installing my plugins (mainly Softube and some of the freebies from SoundToys) :D
It seems I suffered the same problem, although, for me, disconnecting and removing the bluetooth adapter had no effect. What I did in the end was create a Windows 10 Bootable USB device, booted into it (without the bluetooth device), installed the License Manager and then the original LAN device was once again used. Successfully deactivated all licenses for the machine and rebooted. This is a serious flaw in the iLok System. I suspect I shall have to invest in another iLok device.

I had that on my old desktop PC which had both a wifi and wired NIC in it - disabling the wifi NIC changed the computer ID (as iLok was using it's MAC address as the identifier)

that was back under windows 7 - I ended up turning the wifi card back on, moving all the licenses back to the cloud, turning it off and then moving them back to the 'new' PC (which was now using the wired card's MAC address as an identifier)

at least under win7 you could edit the network order ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/top ... 2f17bda23d ) so you could make SURE the nic you wanted was top of the list - but really iLok after all theses years should be doing something smarter than just picking the first NIC on the list as the computer identifier - it's sloppy coding

For me wasn't anything like that. There were no hardware changes, only Windows update. I don't know why it caused the system to look like a different one, but I've learned my lesson, deactivate plugins before any update. I can't trust it won't happen again, ilok is not helping and I don't want to got through the trouble of mailing every single plugin company to release the activation. I'm trying to replace every iLok plugin with other plugins that don't use this kind o protection.

This iLok people is pissing in our faces.

I was considering lifting my ban on software iLok and computer-based anti-hacking systems on an audio virtual machine that I have to build in the future. This post was a good warning signal. I'll stick with my trusty no-bloatware keyfile/serial-based software.

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:45 pm For me wasn't anything like that. There were no hardware changes, only Windows update. I don't know why it caused the system to look like a different one, but I've learned my lesson, deactivate plugins before any update. I can't trust it won't happen again, ilok is not helping and I don't want to got through the trouble of mailing every single plugin company to release the activation. I'm trying to replace every iLok plugin with other plugins that don't use this kind o protection.
were you using a wifi adapter - windows 10 now has a feature to set a random mac addresses on wifi (to enhance 'privacy' by making it hard to track you on wifi via MAC) - if that got turned on in an update it'd play havoc with ilok

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 3fc48eb1bc

No, I don't have a wifi adapter on my pc. It was quite strange to be honest why it would look like a different pc, since no hardware was changed at all.

I eventually just purchased an iLok dongle so I don't have to worry about this problem anymore.

The Location ID on my Windows 10 machine changed after a system update on May 3rd. No hardware changes whatsoever. First time iLok failed on me in 5 years and I have a dongle that I use with my Laptop and on location so no downtime but... I couldn't find this information online so here is my experience...

iLok was very quick to respond, within an hour, they flagged the Location ID and told me to contact one developer. Soundtoys started the process within minutes...

Every other Product in that Location ID changed Activaion Status to "Reset Requested" and I get a message from the iLok server confirming that an e-mail has been sent to every Publisher in the list. Within two days I have an acivation reset from 15 out of 16 Publishers.

I'm still waiting on Air Music Tech...

Hope this is useful to someone in the same situation.

Cheers

I have the same issue after I had format an old win10, where all my ilok licences have been deactivated. Now I see my computer id double in the ilok menu and have no access to my licenses

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”