Windows 10 1809

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It offers the same options as if you were doing the update via Windows Update. :) Actually, i've been doing this since the release of Windows 10. I hope the creation of the USB stick works for you, though. I had some issues with it, because the creation failed, when the Media Creation Tool wrote the image to the USB stick. Maybe they fixed it by now, if there was something to fix. I had to do the update via Windows Update this time.

Ah, that may explain why my other computer got only the security patch.

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:16 am It offers the same options as if you were doing the update via Windows Update. :) Actually, i've been doing this since the release of Windows 10. I hope the creation of the USB stick works for you, though.
Unfortunately I get the same error, though at least it's slightly more verbose: 0x80070003 - 0x2000d the installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during migrate_data operation

It makes a real nasty 'pop' sound from the internal laptop speaker just before it reboots and restores settings back to v1803, so no idea if that's a hint at the problem or just a spike in voltage during the hard reboot.

Deferred the feature update for a couple of months on the off-chance some other cumulative update or driver update inadvertently fixes this.

There is a problem regarding Intel Display Audio Driver "intcdaud.sys".You could try to update your graphics card (if it is Intel).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/dow ... duct=88184

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... 1538730354
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Had to have eLicenser and Roland Quad-Capture reinstalled. Both working perfectly now.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Found a solution to my '0x80070003 - 0x2000d the installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during migrate_data operation' problem: viewtopic.php?p=7186785#p7186785

Guys, if you have an Intel based system it's better to wait. To some it happened to delete everything from Documents that wasn't saved on One Drive.

https://youtu.be/Evv1LaIa7So?t=40m13s

Not so bad, the only thing f**ked up this time was Addictive drums, ran the online installer thingy and it's all good now.

Microsoft pulled the 1809 update.

Don't know about 1809 but you can now run linux alongside windows if you turn on the developer mode and follow the instructions here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... tall-win10 No virtual machine is needed. While there is no audio support, it's still the best windows feature I have seen recently.
~stratum~

gathda wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 pm Microsoft pulled the 1809 update.
It's available again.
I bit the bullet.
Apart from the dark explorer (good name for a film/superhero?) 1809 has totally hijacked the Documents folder. It copied the entire contents of my old Documents folder (which had a different name) and now everything points to the new folder. I've had to rename the old folder and rename the new to get back to where I was. Not a big deal, but confusing for a while.

Googly Smythe wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:56 pm It's available again.
I bit the bullet.
Apart from the dark explorer (good name for a film/superhero?) 1809 has totally hijacked the Documents folder. It copied the entire contents of my old Documents folder (which had a different name) and now everything points to the new folder. I've had to rename the old folder and rename the new to get back to where I was. Not a big deal, but confusing for a while.
From my understanding, part of the issue with it losing files last time was down to it trying to do something with the documents folder when it had already been moved by the admin.

Plus point I guess, is that they appear to have fixed that.
Minus point on the otherhand is that they appear to be still f***ing with customizations without end user permission.

OK, so my drumming PC got 1809 this time (it's Intel based, so I guess the block has prevented it until now).

It can connect to one of our file servers but not the other. It can "see" the one it can't connect to but it can't even get the list of available shares from it.

My production PC (also on 1809) has no issues at all with either file server.
-edit- I take that back... I see now that my production PC also can't browse the server - at least it didn't lose the shares.

More WTF-age from MS...

So, back to 1803 for me.

Garbage OS, garbage updates, garbage in garbage out

metamorphosis wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:18 pm Garbage OS, garbage updates, garbage in garbage out
No problems here. Don't even pay attention to what version Windows is on: it just works. I guess I haven't customized it enough to know if it's been changed.

My MBP has more issues than my Win10 PC when it comes to OS updates. Apple loves to break stuff, too. Does that mean OSX is garbage? I suspect not.

For those that ARE having problems, definitely invest in quality backup software so you can backup both images and files, if you haven't already. I image my PC daily to one of my NAS, and backup main documents and files (like my music) to Google Drive every hour. Just in case Windows does stop working for me. Or a disk fails, etc.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”