AMD Ryzen 3rd gen. ZEN 2 processors for audio PC

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xomdifigpo^xpidfjgh
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eclectus wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:36 pm MOTU, Quantum, AVB, Thunderbolt, all very nice! Audio Interfaces are very interesting and very related to the "New PC" topic of this formerly "Ryzen 3" thread! How about RME? That's low latency too right? But, did anyone think about the INPUT LAG of their MONITOR? I figure since input lag is a kind of latency, it must be relevant to this "New PC" thread as well! Guys, I recommend you keep on coming up with new and interesting angles for this latency term, as long as it fits the theme of building a new machine or buying a new interface or finding a monitor with low input lag, I'm sure it's gonna be the most relevant thread ever. Who wants to talk about the new Ryzen 3 anyway! Tsss, computer nerds. (/UNSUBBED)

EDIT: forgot to mention Reaper
huh?

Eclectus wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:36 pm MOTU, Quantum, AVB, Thunderbolt, all very nice! Audio Interfaces are very interesting and very related to the "New PC" topic of this formerly "Ryzen 3" thread! How about RME? That's low latency too right? But, did anyone think about the INPUT LAG of their MONITOR? I figure since input lag is a kind of latency, it must be relevant to this "New PC" thread as well! Guys, I recommend you keep on coming up with new and interesting angles for this latency term, as long as it fits the theme of building a new machine or buying a new interface or finding a monitor with low input lag, I'm sure it's gonna be the most relevant thread ever. Who wants to talk about the new Ryzen 3 anyway! Tsss, computer nerds. (/UNSUBBED)

EDIT: forgot to mention Reaper
I want to talk about Ryzen 3. It's why I'm checking out a thread called AMD Ryzen 3rd gen. Zen 2 processors for audio PC. Lol

:clown:

Someone got his period. :hihi:

Oh, you guys weren't serious about discussion... I see now.. my mistake.

C'mon guys, let's speculate about it more, that will speed up Kaine, better than actually talking about something useful to someone else.

Passing Bye wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:38 am C'mon guys, let's speculate about it more, that will speed up Kaine, better than actually talking about something useful to someone else.
:lol:

Yes, it worked ;)

www.scanproaudio.info/2019/07/12/amd-ry ... ic-number/

Hm. Quick question across Intel and Ryzen, then. If I've 32Gb of RAM and 256Gb of compressed samples being loaded from SSD into Kontakt, do the DAWBench VI Kontakt test results reflect that kind of scenario? (I'm pretty sure is the decompress that's causing my i5 to struggle at 64 samples/buffer.)
EDIT: I just spotted that dxgkrnl.sys seems to periodically hit me with a 633us DPC spike. No idea what's kicking that off but it seemed to be related to failing to get the buffers processed in time. I also spotted 17% CPU usage from "NT Kernel & System" - "Registry" at one point. I'll take this to a new thread.
Last edited by pljones on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

modipjbvdpxùf,pgknh
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaine wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:15 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:38 am C'mon guys, let's speculate about it more, that will speed up Kaine, better than actually talking about something useful to someone else.
:lol:

Yes, it worked ;)

www.scanproaudio.info/2019/07/12/amd-ry ... ic-number/
So right now Ryzen CPUs have the better price/performance ratio across all fields for audio!

Hail Kaine! :hail:

Passing Bye wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:11 pm Hail Kaine! :hail:
+1
:clap:

A chart for anyone interested to check if some old/new AM4
motherboard(VRM) can handle the new CPUs.
(Thunderbolt only with some ASRock x570)

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comme ... gen_ryzen/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =639584818

Pictus wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 pm A chart for anyone interested to check if some old/new AM4
(Thunderbolt only with some ASRock x570)
Epic charts, amazing share, thank you! :hug:

Pictus wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 pm A chart for anyone interested to check if some old/new AM4
So it looks like, in practice, none of the mITX B450 and X470 boards will be able to handle the higher-end CPUs. The cost of putting together an AMD Ryzen 3rd gen rig goes up every time I look, unless I don't go any higher than the 3800X.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”