mac vs the world

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OMG, blah, blah, so much noise. Let's just clear the air and start all over, yes? I'll start: Mac is Gooder. :) I surveyed everyone in my studio, it's unanimous.

Well, if you found that "fascinating", I will give you some more "fascinating" stuff for you the deal with... :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaBW9qlYcwc
Fernando (FMR)

I find it fascinating that you bring this level every time Mac is talked about while in the thread you go on about 'Soccer fan behavior' when I addressed an actual statement facetiously. It seems like poor self-awareness to me. As a point, sure, the person that wants to shop out parts rather than things be obsoleted has a complaint; the business model is that so that's a point. To act like their recycling isn't recycling exceeds reason by a mile.

Your stupid strawmanning of me doesn't help matters, the insulting way you comport yourself (typical, too) and then bitch about flaming is just hypocrisy. So I'm muting you, you're a stone drag these days.

Why does it have to be so personal with you? Why can't a point of view exist without ownership? You need to take people out of the equation and you might see things for what they are, not what you want them to be.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

We should do an OSX Windows Hackintosh or Linux Poll here at KVR and see who uses what for DAWs ?

Wow! Nobody's ever thought of that. Where do you come up with these ideas?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:05 am Wow! Nobody's ever thought of that. Where do you come up with these ideas?
Guess I'm F'n genius hahaha... Just like the OP . :hihi:

jancivil wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:08 pmTo act like their recycling isn't recycling exceeds reason by a mile.
I’m not confident in their recycling, myself. Their disassembly robot was a merely a proof of concept and self-promotion, not an actual part of the actual recycling process (maybe some day, but not now, and every time they release a slightly changed phone, that disassembly robot needs to be changed, so that paradigm of recycling doesn’t seem to be effective). They don’t give out much data on which materials they put into recycling systems nor where they go, when they take in obsolete or defective products. I’ve seen statements about aluminum recovered from computers, but not any of the harder to reclaim materials.

Recycling in general is done poorly (shittily) by the USA as a whole (to the point where China has stopped taking our waste because we SUCK at separating). Greedy companies want to just toss everything into single stream collection systems, and too often the combustible materials are sent straight to incinerators (and, no, “waste to energy” is not “renewable” energy; it’s waste OF energy). If Apple has an arrangement with a company that does it right, I’d like to know.

I’d be a lot happier if Apple gave a lot more details on their recycling overall, rather than just the few bits of “green PR” they do. Or I’d at least be willing to believe in their claims with more actual facts made available to us. If I’m missing some info, like if they openly declare who they send materials to and which materials, please let me know.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

fmr wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:50 pm
I'm well aware of how Apple "recycles" their hardware. :roll:
Another Apple thread another FMR contribution. Naturally. For someone who clearly hates Apple you spend a lot of your time talking about them Fernando.

I watched your video suggestion and it showed nothing of recycling, or rather not "recycling" in line with your implication.

What evidence do you have on this recycling issue you imply? And crucially how does it stack up to manufacturers you, Fernando choose to use instead?

See I trust you've made these evidence based conclusions on your own product purchases otherwise you'd be in high danger of being seen as a big hypocrite who comes along to most Apple threads simply to throw tomatoes rather than preferring to add anything constructive and grown up to the discussion.

Well, guys, honestly both are good, both has similar "insides"! The only difference is OS. Since I've mostly used only Windows then I preffer it over Mac, don't want to spend time learing new OS! :D

I've been using my Macbook Pro 2014 for the last 5 years been great, haven't used Windows since the vista days.

I recently built a 9900K 32GB Ram, NVME Windows 10 build to run Ableton. I've been using it for music production for the last 2 months now and I've been enjoying every minute of it. I've really made this system my own and I really enjoy working in Windows 10. I think alot of people are afraid to leave the apple eco system and Macs in general because of their history.

This windows 10 PC has been rock solid stable.. there I said it!

Well, there's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

To the topic, whether or not the premise is overwhelmingly strong, it used to be that most things in DAW/plugins realm were written for Windows and some of it got 'ported' to Mac OS. A few things were exceptions proving the rule. Now a number of major things are Mac-centric... follow the development chronologically. EG: ROLI just put out a beta for an interesting application (probably not for me), no Windows version. You may reject that, but I would do only thru interrogating why. With a clear look around, the world is moving that way.

Mac will never be a threat to the market share for business, but audio and video applications is actually still a market for Mac, and the integration of software to hardware. Da Vinci Resolve, third party, the integration of BlackMagic eGPU with the new MBP. I didn't buy it, but I was looking at the benchmarks for rendering video when I bought this.
The speed of a render is insane, it literally was astounding to me.

It's a popular trope, 'they've abandoned the pro user', but the machine I'm working on, a laptop with overall more power than a huge desktop with more cores a decade ago doesn't much agree with that received wisdom.

That said, to my view many mistakes were made, incl. Mojave OS in itself. For me, many problems I did not have appeared at once. Unlike the inept user one member here imagines (actually I'm not the person to ask about the clock on your microwave or your car stereo ;) ), I can read instructions well enough to fix some of the problems.

I guess it also depends what the developers like to use as a platform to work on. If they have a mac, then they can also use bootcamp or virtual machines to test the Windows (or Linux) side of things anyway. While a hackintosh or a virtual machine is not quite the same as Mac hardware.

Fyi, the Roli studio player is also Windows beta now since this week. eGPU's (Razer for instance) are also available/working for Windows laptops.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”