Waves Central Licence Issues

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently had issues with my hard drive so I installed a new drive on my computer (PC Windows 10 64bit)
Everything has gone OK apart from with Waves.
Waves Cental installed OK and transferred the licenses across to my new drive C. I use both Ableton and Fruity Loops and both sat when scanning that WavessLicenceEngine is missing.

I have contacted waves and they have repeated I follow steps already found and tried online.

If you have IR convolution reverb impulse files, please back up the following folders:
• C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\IR1Impulses
• C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\IR1Impulses V2
• C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\Acoustics.net Impulses (if exists)

First, uninstall:
1. Launch Waves Central.
2. Go to the Settings page in the bottom left corner.
3. Under Maintenance, look for Uninstall and click the drop-down menu.
4. Checkmark all the available version entries and click uninstall.
5. Press [Win key]+R, type %AppData% and hit Enter.
6. In the Roaming folder that shows, drag the Waves Audio folder to your desktop.
7. Press [Win key]+R, type %LocalAppData% and hit Enter. In the window that shows, delete the Waves Audio folder.
8. Press [Win key]+R, type %ProgramData% and hit Enter. In the window that shows, delete the Waves Audio folder.
9. Delete any WaveShell files you find in the following locations (if exist):
o C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
o C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-ins
o C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
o C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins
o C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ DigiDesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
o C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
o C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\WPAPI

Once uninstalled, Install your plugins following the steps below:

V10/11
1. Quit any host application.
2. Launch Waves Central.
3. Go to the Install Products page.
4. Go to the My Products tab and checkmark the V10 and V11 plugins you wish to re-install
5. Click Install in the summary column.
V9.92
1. Quit any host application.
2. Download the v.9.92 Offline Installer for Windows
3. Unzip the folder to your desktop.
4. Launch Waves Central and click on the Offline Installer page.
5. Under Install From an Offline Installer, click Browse.
6. When prompted, highlight the Waves- 24.5.18 folder on your desktop and click Select folder/Open.
7. Check mark the products you wish to install.
8. Click Install.

Nothing has worked. even putting the license on a USB gets the same results.

They have said the only solution is to remote connect and I have little confidence in that.

Hoping someone else has been through this and can help :)

I should also point out that I have also tried a trial of a new waves VST that I have not had on my system and it does the same thing :(

So you are sure you installed the correct versions of the plugins that you have licenses for? Asking just in case, as this error comes usually up when you install newer versions than your license is.
No signature here!

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have basically half my licenses on the old installer and the rest are on the up to date one. The waves Central even installs it and I move it to my custom folder. Done it this way for years.

Now I have a lot of samples and Kontakt instrument files on the old drive. so I have just left those on that drive to well use as a sample drive. I'm thinking this may be what's causing th conflict but not sure. No other VST has given me any issues on the reinstall onto the new drive.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”