Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

Spitfire Audio BBC Symphony Orchestra (and Labs?) are available as silicon betas and running fine as far as I can tell:

- BBC SO
- LABS (works fine as well but the download page has gone AWOL)

tbs wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:46 pm Spitfire Audio BBC Symphony Orchestra (and Labs?) are available as silicon betas and running fine as far as I can tell:

- BBC SO
- LABS (works fine as well but the download page has gone AWOL)
I would avoid these builds unless you are determined to only run Logic Pro in native mode. Otherwise you'll likely need to repeatedly repair those libraries each time you load a different DAW or switch Logic over to rosetta.

well I am determined to only run Logic Pro in native mode.
That's the whole point of me following this thread.
but yes - like stated on the website: it needs a bit of tweaking and has to be repeated if you update your library. (because updating automatically re-installs the official/non-arm version)

Klevgrand Skaka V1.0.4 now supports M1

“macOS binaries supports ARM (M1) CPU natively”
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Kongru wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:19 am Klevgrand Skaka V1.0.4 now supports M1

Klevgrand Degrader v1.0.3 as well.
"macOS binaries supports ARM (M1) CPU natively"

There may be others, but they have so many plugins and I don't see an easy way to check on their site.
Last edited by Tronam on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tronam wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:25 am
Kongru wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:19 am Klevgrand Skaka V1.0.4 now supports M1

Klegrand Degrader v1.0.3 as well.
"macOS binaries supports ARM (M1) CPU natively"

There may be others, but they have so many plugins and I don't see an easy way to check on their site.
I don’t think there is an easy way to check on their site, I’ve just been going off the emails I receive from these (which I’m assuming only applies to Klevgrand plugins I own)
Signatures are so early 2000s.

I only checked and verified Degrader to be real Universal 2 Binary but probably all their other plugins should be too.

It turns out almost all of the Klevgrand plug-ins have been updated. These are the new versions that note the following:

* macOS binaries supports ARM (M1) CPU natively

Effects
Degrader v1.0.3
Knorr v1.0.2
STARK v1.0.3
GrandFinale v1.0.4
Kleverb v1.0.3
Kuvert v1.0.3
Gaffel v1.0.4
DAW LP v1.0.5
GotoEQ v1.0.3
REAMP v1.1.1
FreeAMP v1.0.4
Modley v1.1.2
LUXE v1.1.1
Haaze v2.0.3

Instruments
Hillman v1.0.1

Tronam wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:45 am It turns out almost all of the Klevgrand plug-ins have been updated. These are the new versions that note the following:

Where did you find this on their site? I looked at many plugins there and couldn't find a single reference to their ARM compatibility. I have emailed Klevgrand support asking for clarification.

teilo wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:29 pm Where did you find this on their site? I looked at many plugins there and couldn't find a single reference to their ARM compatibility. I have emailed Klevgrand support asking for clarification.
The developer doesn't state Universal 2 Binary compatibility at his website but I have downloaded and verified a few of the plugins and they are ready for ARM and x86.

teilo wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:29 pm
Tronam wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:45 am It turns out almost all of the Klevgrand plug-ins have been updated. These are the new versions that note the following:

Where did you find this on their site? I looked at many plugins there and couldn't find a single reference to their ARM compatibility. I have emailed Klevgrand support asking for clarification.
Open any of the plug-in pages, scroll down and under Resources you’ll see the downloads for macOS. If you tap the version number it’ll expand to show the release notes.

Thank you!

teilo wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:23 pmThank you!
There are still a few lingering older effects and instruments that haven't been updated yet, but it seems the vast majority have come over. Klevgrand has been developing iOS/iPadOS plugins for quite a while now, so I guess it makes sense. Here's hoping when the iLok SDK finally gets updated we'll see a huge influx of updates shortly after and it doesn't get dragged out too long.

There was a mention of Apple Silicon support with the new Presonus Studio One 5.2 release, but I'm not sure if it's truly native or just better compatibility. Thought I'd mention it anyway.

Edit: Nup, this uses Rosetta

o Compatibility with Apple Silicon based Macs (using Rosetta 2)

fgimian wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:20 am There was a mention of Apple Silicon support with the new Presonus Studio One 5.2 release, but I'm not sure if it's truly native or just better compatibility. Thought I'd mention it anyway.

Edit: Nup, this uses Rosetta

o Compatibility with Apple Silicon based Macs (using Rosetta 2)
I maintain my prediction that we will not see the major DAWs (Logic excluded) go native until at some time in 2022. We will, however, see compatibility fixes that allow the major DAWs to work better with Rosetta2.

That said, if there is one DAW that stands a chance to go native sooner, it is Bitwig. It is already cross-platform, with a Java frontend, and a much younger and better organized/architected code base. That should make porting much simpler than a DAW with decades of cruft. Their main challenge will be the 3rd party libraries they use in the underlying audio engine for things like audio stretch. Also, I imagine there's some x64 assembly that will need to be ported.

Fingers crossed.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”