Windows 11 drivers for audio interfaces

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Huge resource hog. the gaming community has already found a memory leak that steals ram.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:15 am Huge resource hog. the gaming community has already found a memory leak that steals ram.
Da bullcrap.

chk071 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:41 am
Dasheesh wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:15 am Huge resource hog. the gaming community has already found a memory leak that steals ram.
Da bullcrap.
It might be a PEBKAC-related error.

;)

It's also the biggest piece of spyware since google it'self. Hearing more about the latest versions of linux, but I have NO IDEA what I'm doing with that, and dont want to spend my time looking for "options" to get simple tasks done. Still, good chance we will all be going linux soon as a whole. Hope the devs are paying attention and boning up on UNIX, or what ever they use now. This is a cluster.

...it's also criminal imo, but good luck with that argument.

good thing i took my music machine completely off line and froze it after the last round of forced updates. looks like that's that until i melt the cpu.

LeVzi wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:06 am
BONES wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:06 am Oh, the stupidity! You have just said stuff without offering anything to support it. OTOH, I have used my own personal experience to explain my position. If you don't understand the difference, then...
BONES wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:46 pm Just saying stuff doesn't make it true.
From a man who thinks Knifonium is complicated and hard to learn.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:34 am
LeVzi wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:06 am
BONES wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:06 am Oh, the stupidity! You have just said stuff without offering anything to support it. OTOH, I have used my own personal experience to explain my position. If you don't understand the difference, then...
BONES wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:46 pm Just saying stuff doesn't make it true.
From a man who thinks Knifonium is complicated and hard to learn.
What relavence has that to this? But by all means follow my every word in desperation
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I would at least wait a year or so before updating anything from a working stable setup. Even then doing image of current working stable setup would be a good thing to do IMHO.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Even though Windows 10 had some issues in the beginning, it was definitely good enough to work with it right from the beginning. I don't see any issue, but, to each his own.

I came into this forum section expecting a topic like this, and it still amazes me how some people are naive when it comes to swap instantly into a new operative system just due to the looks, without any ensurance or even solid reviews into its advantages over proven ground.

I remember the day i was still using Windows XP for stability and eventually upgraded to Windows 7, but only way in the middle of its life spawn, the same with Windows 10, despite Microsoft made a solid campaign for transition and even offering free licenses...

Now windows 11, and the story its the same.

And really, are you people surprised there are not yet drivers working? or updated, the OS just came out...
how can you expect companies to allready have them?

Again, super naive, specially considering any responsible producer or engineer wont change its workstation environment just because a new OS came out, there are allways projects and databases that need to be secured, migratign from an OS into an other is way too risky for someone to venture on it just because they might temptend in how the new OS looks.

And thats even the least resonable reason for anyone to change an OS, because windows 10 is solid, as it was windows 7 10 years ago, and i am pretty sure Windows 11 might be the same, but man...

Do people really need to change an OS strait away ?that is so stupid and naive at same time i even struggle to understand the possible motivations beyond such move.

Anyone with a brain will stick with Windows 10 for at least 3 more years, unless they upgrade the hardware and migrate into a newer system, but even changing OS just because its new its not allways the best idea.

I remember to buy a new Laptop in 2008 in demand with customized parts incluiding firewire ports and so on...
and guess what OS i chosen? WINDOW XP professional and this was 2008.

IF it works dont break it, if you break it, then dont complain!

Yes, there is a proper reason for upgrading to Windows 11. Gaming. It supports DirectStorage and AutoHDR. Of course no one should upgrade their production machine but only loss I would experience if my current Windows 11 system go down is not being able to play games and use ampsims for a few hours.

Mr_meee wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:04 pm I came into this forum section expecting a topic like this, and it still amazes me how some people are naive when it comes to swap instantly into a new operative system just due to the looks, without any ensurance or even solid reviews into its advantages over proven ground.
What puzzles me more is that people are naive enough to think that months/years of internal beta testing and the insider program don't ensure that the OS is at least stable and compatible enough to not fall apart when you just look at it.

By all means though, people should decide for themselves what they want to do. That's the great thing about being a human. You can actually use your head to think and make your own decisions.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”