MAC vs Windows for production

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:37 am It depends on your perspective. To me, nVidia are the disruptors - the new boys who came along and stuck it to the established brands. AMD, as the owners of ATI, is the establishment where graphics cards are concerned. ATI swallowed up Diamond's FireGL cards, which used to be competitive, and ruined them.
I'm curious if you're reconsidering your stance on this. When a multinational corporation is sued by the FTC to block its acquisition of another multinational corporation, it doesn't strike me as unfair to label it as "the establishment." But maybe other people draw the line a little differently.
I hate signatures too.

That stuff happens all the time, with companies large and small. nVidia + ARM might change my mind but if the FTC won't allow it, then nVidia will remain outside the establishment.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

what will be the benefits?
Do you think ARM will go bankrupt otherwise?
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Synthack wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:02 am I kind of hope Apple buys ARM somehow.
Apple would not be allowed to buy ARM for the same reason Nvidia is being stopped.

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:28 am Try doing 3D modelling and animation on it and see how much fun that is. So if all you do is music production, maybe a Mac will work fine. The problem for me is that music isn't close to the most demanding thing I use my computer for.
Uhh, This is a computer based audio site/forum and the thread title is MAC vs Windows for production. non audio based comments are irrelevant.

edited for politeness.....

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”