Mac OS Monterey - Plugin Compatibility

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

waltercruz wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:20 am
alexekki wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:22 pm I can confirm that neither Nimbus nor R4 are working in Monterey (but they did work in Big Sur). Not only do they crash the validation in Logic Pro (both in native and in Rosetta mode), they even instantly crash any project on which you have an instance of them.
Nimbus, R4, Trash and some others won't be supported on M1.

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/ar ... le-silicon
see 2 posts above yours :ud:

such a drag they're abandoning so many. i wonder which will be repackaged as something new to sell?

dayjob wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:25 am

such a drag they're abandoning so many. i wonder which will be repackaged as something new to sell?
:clown:

I think that... nothing. Whatever they wanted from Exponential Audio algorithms is now inside Neoverb and the rest is abandonware

waltercruz wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:55 am
dayjob wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:25 am

:clown:

I think that... nothing. Whatever they wanted from Exponential Audio algorithms is now inside Neoverb and the rest is abandonware
That's a pity because Neoverb may have incorporated parts of them but not the good parts - it doesn't sound as lush as R4 or as spacious as Nimbus

It seems strange that R4 and Nimbus aren't working but Pheonixverb is? I'd settled into using R4 and Pheonixverb in all projects.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

sQeetz wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:30 pm Short answer: no
Long answer: viewtopic.php?p=8247219#p8247219
You never know...

so, have been having a chat w/izotope on twitter about nimbus/excalibur and relayed experiences mentioned here and they advise everyone to email their support address as they aren't monitoring KVR threads (duh) and they say that nimbus and excalibur should not be broken ad should work in rosetta. i copy/pasted their replies from our DMs on twitter:
Thanks for the feedback.

All of the products will run in Rosetta mode though. So this means you can still use them on M1 machines without issue.

We just aren't sure how many products we can afford to make Native patches for, considering some are quite old.

Not planned just means they aren't planned at this time, it doesn't necessarily mean never going to happen.
They should not be broken.

Have you tried clearing your AU cache and forcing your DAW to rescan?
Our sheet shows what has been tested. So if we have it listed as support then it should be supported.

If you're saying there are users having trouble, then they should be email support, since we don't monitor private KVR threads

If you're on Monterey, then we don't support anything on that host yet.

It's too new.

We only support up to big sur officially at this time.
Last edited by dayjob on Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weird. double post.

f**k iZotope.
Michael Carnes would have updated Exponential Audio’s plugins to native M1.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:10 pm f**k iZotope.
sounds like it's more of a Monterey problem than an M1 problem. but for anyone w/a new macbook pro there isn't an option to install big sur so.. here we are.

dayjob wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:15 pm
sounds like it's more of a Monterey problem than an M1 problem. but for anyone w/a new macbook pro there isn't an option to install big sur so.. here we are.
iZotope says they won’t be updating any Exponential Audio plugins for M1. Monterey compatibility is a separate issue on top of that.

Any plugin not getting updated for M1 is a dead end. I use PhoenixVerb for natural spaces on every mix. Now I need a plan B.

jamcat wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:24 pm
iZotope says they won’t be updating any Exponential Audio plugins for M1. Monterey compatibility is a separate issue on top of that.

Any plugin not getting updated for M1 is a dead end. I use PhoenixVerb for natural spaces on every mix. Now I need a plan B.
it sucks for users.

i like nimbus and excalibur a lot. a couple posts above, i copy/pasted izotope's replies to the twitter DM conversation we had.

their expectation is that everyone is on big sur and it's all working fine w/Rosetta on M1 which obviously isn't a long term solution since i guess rosetta has an end date somewhere in apple's plans which will make all the things dead forever.

izotope replied again saying if anyone is having trouble with crashes and broken things to email their support addy. i probably will get around to sending them a phone video or something just because.. but i doubt it matters... unless maybe they get hundreds of them.
If you're seeing consistent broken behaviour that you can reproduce and film and record, we'd ask that you send as much details as possible to our support email for our technical support team to look into.

support@izotope.com

Also there is a massive Rosetta penalty compared to M1 native. You might as well stick with Intel Macs if you have to run Rosetta.

I hope I'm right in assuming Izotope will update the EA plugins. They're still listed on the website at $99 and $199... presumably some odd people have actually paid full price for them in recent years.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

jamcat wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:24 pm

I wouldn’t mind if Neoverb could replace the Exponential reverbs but it can’t.

u-he, Fabfilter and Valhalla are all working fine on Monterey.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”