Issue when saving Vermilion as part of an FX Chain Reaper.

Official support for: kuassa.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello All.
I was really glad to find this forum a few days ago. I've been using Vermilion 1.1.1 for a while now ( just upgraded to 1.1.3), and am really impressed with the range of sounds it produces, and how well it takes Impulse Responses too.

I have however come up against an issue with Vermilion that I can't seem to work around.

I use Reaper, and when I'm sorting my guitar sound, I sometimes use other vsts for tube screamers, reverb, etc etc, and when I have the sound I like, I save it all as an FX Chain so I can recall it at any time and get the same sound-or so I thought.

All my other Vsts retain the settings in the FX chain, but Vermilion always goes back to the Clean Reverb stock setting. If I make my own preset and save it in an FX chain, it does the same thing.

Now I know this is only a small point, but if you have a few guitar tracks in each song, having to go back and manually change Vermilion settings every time you go back to work on the song, gets to be a right pain after a while.

So, my question is, am I doing something wrong, am I missing something?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Joe

Hi Joe, is it possible to upload on of the not working reaper chains?
Thanks,
Dimi

Joe, what version of the Vst do you use in Reaper ?

Please try and change it to VST2 version if you use VST3.
There's still bug with VST3 in Reaper.

Thanks,
Dimi

Hi Dimitar
Thanks for the replies.
This happens when I use verion 1.1.1 of Vermilion. I've just upgraded to 1.1.3 so I'll try it out and get back to you to see if the issue happens.

As for switching to VST2, on the Kuassa site I can only see downloads for VST and VST3 for 64 bit windows, should I go for VST, and will there be much difference, especially in the sounds?

Thanks
Joe

Yes, VST only! No difference in the sound.
Please report back.
Thanks
Dimi

Hi Dimi,
Thanks for the reply.
Just got the VST version off website.
Will be testing over coming days and will report back with what happens.
Thanks
Joe

Hi Dimi,

I've been able to do some testing of the versions of Vermilion and it's exactly as you expected.

I tried the up to date version (1.1.3) of VST3 last night, and the issue was still there.

I tried the up to date version of VST this morning, and everything worked fine. When I saved my preset sound in the FX Chain, and went back to it later on, it recalled it perfectly, so problem solved :) .

I'm wondering now if I should email Kuassa about the issue, to let them know, or are they already aware of it?

Thanks very much for your help Dimi.

dimitar wrote:There's still bug with VST3 in Reaper.
Hmmmm, this actually looks to be a bug with Kuassa's VST3 implementation, not Reaper's, as other VST3 plugins that I have recall properly when stored in an FX chain or a track template.

My bad! Its know bug and going to be fixed!
Thanks guys!

Hey Dimi
The fact that it's a known bug in VST3 and will be fixed is good news.
The fact that using VST instead of VST3 gets rid of the problem is really good news :)

No more having to remember what presets I used on what song, they'll be there when I open them now :D

Time to go play with Vermilion and make some presets

Thanks Guys
Joe

heyjoe73 wrote:Hey Dimi
The fact that it's a known bug in VST3 and will be fixed is good news.
The fact that using VST instead of VST3 gets rid of the problem is really good news :)

No more having to remember what presets I used on what song, they'll be there when I open them now :D

Time to go play with Vermilion and make some presets

Thanks Guys
Joe
Hi Joe, glad it is working now for you!
Post some of your tones-music here :)

Cheers,
Dimi

Return to “Kuassa”