Stuck notes in B-5 update 2.2

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
thysm00
KVRian
791 posts since 5 May, 2008 from France

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:36 am

I'm working on getting you a test version that will log events and hopefully help me understand.
To help narrow the problem down, can you tell me if this happens with and without the percussion and same on both upper and lower manual?

anavish
KVRer
12 posts since 21 Nov, 2016

Re: Stuck notes in B-5 update 2.2

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:39 am

Thanks!

When reproducing this I disabled percussion so as to enable the 9th drawbar, but I will test whether it also happens with percussion turned on.

I also only used the upper manual but can try reproducing on the lower manual (using a separate MIDI channel? or a split point? does it matter?)

Are there any other settings you'd want to try?

thysm00
KVRian

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:47 am

Don't bother, my idea was to make sure the problem does not lie in the percussion code.

If you can, it would be useful to try with different buffer sizes. Also even if it is not reproducible when playing back a MIDI file, could you still record something and send me just the part that created the stuck note (maybe with a video shot with your phone where i can hear the stuck note)? I know it's a lot to ask, but i really can't reproduce it so it's very hard to track it down effectively and i've swiped my keyboard like crazy...

thysm00
KVRian

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:27 am

@anavish do you mind if we continue the discussion on the support by email so that i can send you the debug version?
If so could you tell me what your email is (in a pm).
We'll report back here when we have a fix.

anavish
KVRer

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:26 am

Sure, I PM'd you.

anavish
KVRer

Post Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:05 am

Update: after some back-and-forth between @thysm00 and myself over email, the issue has been identified and a fixed version v2.5.1 is already available for download!

I want to thank AcousticSamples for taking this issue seriously, giving the attention it required and not giving up until the issue has been found and fixed. Kudos!

@davinwv, I'm curious to know whether the new version resolves the issue for you as well.

thysm00
KVRian

Post Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:03 am

Thanks for the help on this @anavish! ;)

davinwv
KVRist
121 posts since 29 Jan, 2009 from Bridgeport, WV

Post Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:29 pm

I'm on vacation this week, but I will definitely download & test when I get home. Just out of curiosity, what was the issue?

Also, is there a way our saved Multis in UVI Workstation can utilize new versions of B5 without having to recreate & re-save them? I very much appreciate the frequent updates, but I hate starting from scratch each time to use the new version in my Multis.

thysm00
KVRian

Post Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:39 am

The issue was a bit odd. It happened in only one rare case (which is why not many users have it).
The note on and the note off of the same note had to be played at the exact same time which technically can't happen...
On top of this, the length of the first note had to be less than a few milliseconds which is also pretty hard to do.

This was not a problem if the velocity to contact value was set to 0. Anavish told me he tested it, and it did not work, but i'm 100% sure that the issue was not happening with that value at 0.

About the saved multis, they will work just fine, they will use the new script which contains the fix, no need to resave them. Resaving every multi is necessary only when a major new version is released as we have to use a different script.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”