Acousticsamples slow saving in Pro Tools

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm having problems with slow saving times in Pro Tools (Ultimate 2020.11.0) when I have the Sunbird and GD-6 virtual instruments loaded in to UVI Workstation (ver.3.0.16). It's like 3-5 seconds befor the session gets saved. It looks like PT is about to hang/freeze but it goes on after 3-5 seconds.

Saving times are fast (as normal) when no instruments or small instruments are loaded into UVI Workstation. I'm on Windows 10 Home.

Anybody else experience this?

It's a bit of a workflow killer for me (as I produce and work on the fly)
Chris

Yes, it's the same in Cubase on Windows

Thanks for answering.

It's very unfortunate as the acoustic samples guitar VI's are the only guitar VI's I've found that has realistic and nice sounding strumming. Well Native Instruments has greater sounding strumming guitar VI but is pretty useless as I can make my own patterns or chords. Also the stupid strunning engine doesn't stop playback instantaniously. There is a delay:(

So there is no fix or workaround for this issue?
I wonder why it's so slow compared to all my other VI's wich saves insantaniously.
Chris

I get this in REAPER as well. Adding an instance of Strategy to my session makes it go from 843,162 bytes to 26,217,131 bytes, meaning it adds a whopping 25MB to the project file per instance. This also happens with Telematic. Haven't tested with any of the other libraries I have (GD-6, Sunbird), but this makes the instrument useless to me. It literally takes 5 seconds to save a project with a couple of instances of Strategy on a Threadripper with NVMe, which means I cannot have autosave enabled for my projects. Which ultimately means I am staying far away from these libraries.

It happens the same for UVI Workstation and for UVI Falcon. Really disappointing.

It turns out UVI was working on a fix for this already and they found a solution.
I was able to test a beta on a Logic session today. With 2 instances of Strategy, the session was about 75Mb and it's now down to 2Mb. It will in fact have the same effect on the other sequencers and the saving time will of course be lowered as well.

This will be part of a future version of UVI Workstation, maybe not the very next one as it's scheduled around next week, but the one after that should contain it. I will post a message here and we'll probably announce it as well, because it's a really good news for us.

Superb.
Owning already the guitar bundle I will add the Strategy now.
Your guitars are without a doubt the best out there.

And also kudos to the UVI team. To me this is the best engine for sample libraries.
No kontakt piano can archive the playability of an UVI library.

I just posted an update about this in another thread, but UVI Workstation was just uploaded with that fix, so after installing and saving your session again, you should see the size of your session drastically decrease ;)

With the gd6 I didn't notice any difference.
Or do I have to update the soundbank as well?

thysm00 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:28 pm I just posted an update about this in another thread, but UVI Workstation was just uploaded with that fix, so after installing and saving your session again, you should see the size of your session drastically decrease ;)
Do you know if the same fix applies to Falcon?

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:21 pm With the gd6 I didn't notice any difference.
Or do I have to update the soundbank as well?
That's odd...
Have you tried with a blank session?
Are you also sure the update really updated the plugin? Sometimes it fails...

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:32 pm Do you know if the same fix applies to Falcon?
No, i don't think so, this change will be in the next Falcon update.

I'll check that with UVI, but i have the same problem here, still a big file size with this update.
Sorry guys... I'll keep you updated.

UVI updated it it this morning and i just checked it (on mac at least) and it works as it should :)

Hmmm I still see only UVIW 3.0.18 from 2 days ago (both on website and in UVI Portal).

Return to “AcousticsampleS”