B5 V2 CPU Spikes, pops & clicks

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just upgraded to B5 V2. Version one ran beautifully. With low latency. V2 doesn't show CPU overload on my CPU meters, but it clocks up there. The spikes must be too fast to be shown in the display. Anybody else having these problems? They mostly occur with large note count voicings.

I have spikes in cubase 9

Anybody else with similar issues? I'm still getting bad clicks & pops. Ive tried different audio settings - 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 & 192. 16 bit, 24bit & 32 bit. Increased buffer to unplayable settings & that helped but still the clicks & pops occurred occasionally. Any help would be appreciated.

Same thing happening here, cpu barely breaking a sweat and still clicks an pops all over the place. weird...

There was a new revision put out on July 3rd that uses less CPU. Try that out. If you're still having clicks and pops, this was actively being discussed with input from Acoustic Samples in the last few pages of the Gearslutz thread (try posting there perhaps):

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... 2-out.html

Thanks Funkybot ;) I was about to post that as well ;)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:There was a new revision put out on July 3rd that uses less CPU. Try that out. If you're still having clicks and pops, this was actively being discussed with input from Acoustic Samples in the last few pages of the Gearslutz thread (try posting there perhaps):

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... 2-out.html
Thanks Funkybot's Evil Twin!

Will have a gig tomorrow, very good time for an update.

I am using v2.2.1 and also having audio glitches when playing fast parts.
When I play slow parts there is no problem. CPU meter shows about 2.5%.
In Cubase the ASIO Performance meter shows glitches too.

I am afraid at the moment the B-5 is not there yet. I am hoping for an optimised version soon and that the B-5 becomes 100% useable!
i7 9700K @ 4.6 GHz - Asus Prime Z390-A - Corsair DDR4 3000 MHz - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB - RME HDSPe AIO + XLR balanced breakout - 2x Iiyama PL2492H - Novation Impulse 61 - Evolution UC-16 - Clavia Nord Lead 2 - Yamaha S80

Kees49 wrote:I am using v2.2.1 and also having audio glitches when playing fast parts.
When I play slow parts there is no problem. CPU meter shows about 2.5%.
In Cubase the ASIO Performance meter shows glitches too.

I am afraid at the moment the B-5 is not there yet. I am hoping for an optimised version soon and that the B-5 becomes 100% useable!
There will not be another optimized version i'm afraid... We optimized about everything we could. The next optimizations we could implement would have been a low quality Leslie, no phase alignments or no transitions between drawbars settings, so we did not want to do it.

That being said i'm curious to see what your system is, on what soundcard and sequencer and at what buffer you are running it, because it runs smoothly on most (even older) i7 on fast parts at a buffer of 64. This has been confirmed by a few users (even some crazy ones) with the latest version.

Hi,

My system: Asus P7P55 LX, i5 750 @ 3.3 GHz, 12 GB DDR3 RAM, nVivia 9800 GT and an RME HDSPe AIO @ 128 samples.
DAW: Cubase 6.5.5

I have no issues with this system. Never a glitch or whatsoever with all my other plugins. I know my mainboard and CPU are quite old, but it handles all other plugins without a problem and I do have plenty of overhead, so not the time yet to change anththing.

Just did some other test now. When I load two parts inside UVI Workstation, for instance the B-5 and E-PIAN, glitches occur.
When I load the instruments seperate, each inside a separate UVI Workstation the glitches to 100% are gone, but they glitch to app 50%. That's the multi-core spreading happening inside Cubase.

The B-5 is a magnificent instrument and there is a lot going on under the hood, so a more powerful CPU would be advisible to run it without any issues.
i7 9700K @ 4.6 GHz - Asus Prime Z390-A - Corsair DDR4 3000 MHz - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB - RME HDSPe AIO + XLR balanced breakout - 2x Iiyama PL2492H - Novation Impulse 61 - Evolution UC-16 - Clavia Nord Lead 2 - Yamaha S80

Yep, you are right, your system is just fine ;)
You did not tell me anything about the buffer size though.

And yes, UVI Workstation itself is not a multi core enabled app (very few sequencers support this anyway), so if you set multiple instruments on the same track, they will share a core, but if you use two tracks, they will each use one core which explains it.

So yes, the B-5 does a lot of things, and is currently the only organ that mixes the synthesis features and the sampling, plus, the Leslie is extremely accurate, so this comes at a cost.

I get random clicks and pops while adjusting parameters during notes being played in Reaper, with latest B5 version...

I'm afraid that's normal... and there was no way around it...
In the version 2.2, i had to change the way the click noise is handled to be able to make big optimizations.

If you want the full story, before the changes, i could just launch the sample with the correct volume, so the knob was not changing anything when it was turned, it only changed an integer value, but since the v2.2, and for different reasons, i have to manually change the volume of all the mapped samples one by one, which results into a CPU overload, clicks and pops.
This is the case only for knobs that don't need to be changed while playing though, like the click volume.

Oh, I'm talking about changing ANY GUI slider or knob. Not just click volume knob.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mmmmm... that's not right... It really does not do it at all over here...

Does it do the same with the previous versions?

Return to “AcousticsampleS”