Stuck notes in B-5 update 2.2

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been playing B-5 V2 for some months now, very happy with it. Using a GSi DMC-122 as controller. The other day I installed the 2.2 update, and since then, if I play for 10-20 minutes I eventually get a note stuck on. This has happened about 6 times. I never had a stuck note prior to the update, and nothing else about my rig has changed:
MIDI/audio interface: PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL
Host: Microsoft Surface Pro, Windows 10
DAW: Reaper x64 v 4.72

I have to restart Reaper to stop the note (or find the MIDI panic button, but I don't know where that is, and don't consider it a valid solution anyway). I wouldn't feel safe on a gig with this situation, so I'll have to roll back the update if it isn't addressed.

Pressing the "Stop" button in Falcon/UVI Workstation is the panic button. Reaper also has an "all notes off" action you can use. Just FYI.

smorgan wrote: I wouldn't feel safe on a gig with this situation, so I'll have to roll back the update if it isn't addressed.
If you need to do the downgrade, you don't need to replace any files, B-5 2 is contained in the ufs file!

Thanks EvilDragon and waltercruz; both helpful replies. I do believe there's a bug in the update and I hope it gets investigated.

Of course it will be investigated ;)
Have you reported it to our support?
If not, please do and if you can, please send a MIDI file that creates this, otherwise it's impossible for us to replicate this.
We never got any stuck note, so we really need a way to reproduce it to understand why it happens.

Thanks for the reply. I'll do some playing sessions while I record the MIDI and see if I can get a repro.

A bit unclear how to reach your "actual" support. The support menu on your website lists "Support forum (KVR)", which is here, and "Contact us", which says "Any bug related question submitted here will be ignored !" I'm probably missing something obvious...

Yes, you are ;)
Just log into your account and create a support ticket.
The support forum is for the community of Acousticsamples users to answer, but if you want to report a bug, it's better to submit a ticket so that we can take a look at it and fix it.

And it's well possible that a bug was introduced in the V2.2 as we had to rewrite the whole code and the way the voices are handled in this version.

Hi,

I have the same problem of stuck note since V2.2. I've noticed it happens when I reopen a saved session including B5, or push on the percussion knob: a stuck note sometimes appears, seems to come from the 1' Drawbar. The solution I've found is to reload another organ, like C3 or C100, and load the organ again.

Hope it helps. Otherwise this virtual organ is awesome !! Used in live gigs ;-)

Would there be a way for you to send me a MIDI file of that problem? Or if you can really find a way to reproduce it that would help me a lot.
Btw, re-opening an old session with the B-5 might explain it because it will reload the old version of the B-5 and use the old version of the script, so just unload and load the new V2.2 instead.

Until we find a solution, to stop the stuck notes, you can also change one of the "mods" values in the advanced parameters, it will take a little less time than loading the other organs.

An update - I can no longer reproduce the stuck note problem. As a programmer I find it somewhat troubling when software just "heals" itself :neutral: , but I've done a lot of playing to try for a repro, and it just isn't happening anymore. Not to say it won't come back (though I hope not).

By the way, jplesaint's issue and mine don't seem particularly related. I was getting stuck notes in the middle of playing and not while making any sort of change such as turning percussion on or off.

Cheers -

Well in that case, i suspect the reload of a session or something.
So hopefully it was just a user error or a key stuck (like no note off was sent for some reason) ;)

I'm also getting an occasional stuck note in 2.2 with Reaper. I'm brand new to this software so I can't speak to a prior version. If it becomes more persistent I'll try to capture a midi file.

I’m guessing the stuck note problem does relate to the 1’ drawbar.

What I found was that this would happen only after about 10 minutes playing and was caused when any vibrato tab was pressed. After it starts to happen it will keeping on happening.

One way to stop it was to assign the robbed drawbar 9 to ‘none’ and then it wouldn’t happen at all.

However I believe this has been fixed with a new download, although I think an even newer download may be available very soon.

I wasn’t clear on ‘raising a ticket’ either for bug finds, having seen the warning notice re ‘bugs’ so posted on this forum.
Last edited by electrosim2001 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

While searching for a way to fix something else, i got the 1' stuck note and fixed it, it should not happen anymore.
This was happening in some very rare cases when a note was played almost exactly at the same time as the switch from the "B preset" to any other preset was selected. So the note was launching the 8' freq and the switch was doing it at the same exact time resulting in a conflict and a stuck note.
Anyway that's fixed and you can download the updated version from your account.

I still have this problem, and it is exactly the same as the issue described above by electrosim2001. With the percussion robbing on drawbar 9 to ‘none’, it never occurs. With robbing drawbar 9 turned back on, then any adjustment of that drawbar causes a CPU spike and stuck tone for that drawbar. This is with Vers 2.2.1, OSX 10.10, Mainstage 3.2.4. I'll fill out a support ticket for this and a couple of other issues.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”