Stuck notes in B-5 update 2.2

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If every piece of the chain works as it should (MIDI keyboard and MIDI to usb interface) then yes, it all works fine, not stuck notes, we have tested it. I also know that some cheap MIDI to USB cables can send weird MIDI data (i'm not saying yours is cheap).
I'm not saying there is not a bug here, but without a MIDI file from you, we have no way to know what's wrong.

As I understand, you tested it and you had no stuck notes. This means, that your software works properly. So it seems, that the problem causes from the combination I use. What do you recommend for a midi interface, sound card and drivers? As I also understand, a lot of users have no problems with stuck notes?
Last edited by thomaskorthals on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

I forgot, that I tested the version B5 V2. I had no stuck notes with that version, but I had a problem with the midi mapping for the SK2. Only the midi datas for the notes on and off and the drawbars with the CC commands run. All the NRPN datas from the SK2 will be ignored. Is this correct? So I will test version 2.5.1 with another keyboard. And is it possible to get the version 2.0 with a correct midi mapping for the SK2?

Today I tested the B5 organ again. Wonderful sound. I made the following settings with the following hardware. Hammond SK2 Midi Out to Midi of the Presonus Audiobox96 USB. Midi Out with a short cable to USB of my PC.
Running B5 Version 2.5.1 with the audio setting Asio4All driver, 256 samples.
In the organ Midi Mapping Hammond SK2 and velocity contact to 0.
Now had no more stuck notes. So I don’t know why. Now latency is acceptable. The feeling is not the same compared to a B3 or a keyboard with integrated sound machine. But ok.
Can stuck notes appear when playing an SK2 with upper, lower manual and pedals. So 3 Midi channels are involved. Only a small thought.

Another point:
What I heard is, that the organ sounded after a certain time with a metal click when pressing a note and after a minute it sounded more like a bell than an organ. So I restarted the B5 organ.

Any recommendation what I should do in general.
Last edited by thomaskorthals on Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you don’t get stuck notes now, then it’s clearly related to your setup.

Playing all 3 keyboards should not change anything to stuck notes at all if they are each set on a different midi channel.

About your sound changing with time, this is even weirder and might be related to the sound card that you are using. The integrated sou cards with audio4all are not the best solution for a stable audio workstation. So you might have a look at that and maybe test with a souncard that has dedicated audio drivers.

Maybe this could be the reason, why I had these problems. My PC made this big Windows 10 update in the background. I looked at this issue. Now the update is ready and I started again with testing the B5. Up to now no stuck notes. Keep fingers cross. The best solution for me is now for audio Asio4All driver and the internal sound card of the PC. Midi from the SK2 via Presonus AudioBox 96 USB to PC USB port. Running with 256 samples. So I will test this, whether it is steady. The external Audiobox from Presonus is not good for using audio. I got crackling tones. I think it is too much traffic from the PC to the Audiobox with Midi and Audio datas.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”