B5 Saving Drawbar Presets; Assigning to Keys

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unfortunately, the manual and YouTube videos are so lacking in information that this is an extremely difficult job for some reason. In fact, the manual tells you what can be done supposedly but zero detail on how to do it. It doesn't even explain the different parts of the interface- strange.

Anyway, I still do not know how to simple assignment drawbar positions (hopefully with Percusion & Vibrato Settings) to each of the blackened Presets keys, save them and recall them. I save and they are not recalled.

Also, is there a version 1 user guide that perhaps explained this and went through the actual interface? Thanks

The different parts of the interface are explained when you click on "more" in each section, the pdf download link that is at the top of the webpage has everything extended as well.

Assigning the black keys is pretty simple though... You create a preset that you like in the presets page (or you can just use one that is in the list), then in the preferences, under "lower octave presets", you select a preset, then a key and you click on assign. That's it.
If you want this to be recalled next time, you just need to save the overall multi at the top of UVI Workstation and reopen it next time.

Download at the top of what webpage? The list isn't really explained or the presets because I select the manual, select the key, name it and save it. And when i return to the Key, the settings revert to the previous settings. Not the saved preset. I can load the preset I saved but, when I select another preset key and return, again it has reverted to the original settings and not my preset.

"click on "more" in each section"??? That's nowhere to be found.

That's on every products page in each section. For example for the first section of the B-5 named "Sample based synthesis" there is a picture, some text and right below there is a small "more", if you click on it, it expands and shows some additional information. The manual can be downloaded at the top of the webpage, there is a pdf icon with "manual" written on it.

Regarding the presets, just follow what i explained in my previous message and it will work, i just tried it myself to make sure it works and it does. From what you just wrote, it looks like you're not going in the preferences panel and you have to do it.

I found the manual and it is the same one I referenced- no detailed at all.

Maybe we are not understading each other. I am trying to save my own presets which the manual says I should be able to do. No offense but the Presets within the VI itself are... worthless to me. When I attempt to assign my own presets to a key, they are not recalled and pressing on another key. If I reload them, they again are lost after I leave that Preset key again.

I guess I will try to save their presets to one of the 12 keys as you have described just to see if that works but that still will not be helpful to me at all

Thanks!!! btw

I don't understand, what you say you want to do and what i explained is exactly the same thing.
The presets called by the 12 black keys have to be in that list before assignment in the preference page, and you need to assign then after, if you miss one of these steps, pressing any of these 12 keys will override whatever you have set before. This is exactly the same thing as on a real hammond, unless you hardwire the presets manually ,whenever you press those black keys, it will go back to the sound of the hardwired preset.

So just create a preset that you like, open the presets panel on the front page, select add to list and then once it's on the list go in the preferences and assign it to one of the black keys (from C to B).

Duh, I finally see where you are talking about in the "Advanced Prefs" page that was clear to me. I'm very detailed and specific language helps a lot. Anyway, I have been saving them to Presets>General Presets and I still am totally unclear as to the purpose of that.

But, one last question, I does appear that I have succesfully saved a preset to the list however, it is for the B key and in "Advanced Prefs" there only appears to be 10 Keys from C to A.

Duh, I finally see where you are talking about in the "Advanced Prefs" page. That wasn't clear to me. I'm very detailed and specific language helps a lot. Anyway, I have been saving them to Presets>General Presets and I still am totally unclear as to the purpose of that.

But, one last question, it does appear that I have succesfully saved a preset to the list however, it is for the B key and in "Advanced Prefs" there only appears to be 10 Keys from C to A.

This again is a specification that is found on real organs, the Bb and B black keys are reserved for the two physical sets of drawbars. We did the same thing on the B5 and as you can see on the front interface, there are "set 1" and "set 2" buttons that toggle between two drawbar positions. These two sets can be changed in real time and will keep their state.

Thanks

Hi guys. I've been trying to save different presets to the Black Keys and am still unclear how to do this after reading this thread?

I have created my own General preset. I have also created my own drawbar preset. I've then loaded my own drawbar preset in the Black Keys Presets. I then changed the upper drawbar settings and then assigned it to the note I wanted in the upper manual preset list. I then re-saved the whole general preset and re-loaded B5 V3 but when I press the key I assigned the preset to, it returns to the original default preset for that key?
With IK Multimedias B-3x when you change a drawbar setting on one of the black keys it automatically stores this making the workflow very quick and straight forward.

Can anyone help me with this please as I need to get a track sent over to someone tomorrow.

Thanks

Return to “AcousticsampleS”