New Features comong Update B5

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Dear Arno,

I already replied to your mail concerning what new feature, or improvements, the users of your excellent B5 VSTi would want. In my first reaction I asked if it would be possible to make the leslie emulation a separate plug in so that one could choose to use the B5 with a DI output (that is already possible) put the signal through an external distortion plug-in and after that place the Acousticsamples leslie. In that way one could create the wonderful distorted Hammond sounds favoured by the Prog Rock bands of the 70’s. Dave Sincliar (Caravan), Dave Steward (Egg, Hatfield and the North, Bruford) and Mike Ratledge (Soft Machine) used to run their organs DI through a Shaftesbury Duo Fuzz and place the leslie after that. Keith Emerson quite often put a Fuzz face between his Hammond an his heavily modded Leslie, which had guitar amps instead of the stock amp,

Today I had an afterthought. If it would not be possible to make the Acoustiscamples leslie available as a separate VST plug-in – I remember you use a modified version of UVI’s rotary and could run into all sorts of copyright problems – you could maybe chose to incorporate a set of stomp FX’s in the B5. If you could place them in the signal path between the DI and the leslie, one could do exactly what is now sadly only possible using external leslie plug-ins that are all far inferior to your leslie. It would be great to have a Shaftesbury emulation, a fuzz face and a wah (cry baby’s where use quite often by seventies Hammond players)

Hope one of these option might be possible! (the second one would be best). I would be prepared to pay for this upgrade!

Thanks in advance!

All the best,

Roeland Hazendonk

More info Shaftesbury Duo Fuzz:
https://soundgas.com/product/shaftesbur ... ect-pedal/ (https://soundgas.com/product/shaftesbury-duo-fuzz-vintage-guitar-effect-pedal/)

In action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1cAZbw_gbY (Caravan)

Youtube demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awxuGlZe_wU

The first option is not possible, we don't own the Leslie emulation, but the second one is in the plans.
We already have something similar in our VTines and VReeds with a bunch of FX that you can put between the DI and the cabinet, so we'll do the same ;) But probably something with more saturation options, you're actually not the only one that asked for this, so it's at the top of the feature list ;)

We don't have one of these duo fuzz to measure it, but we have access to a few saturation FX.

Oh and keep your money in you wallet (or buy something else from us... ) all of our updates are free ;)

Hi Arno,

That’s great news! If possible however, some kind of distortion FX would be rather essential. I looked at what the FX board of Vtines and Vreeds offer and apart from the wah, most of that is not that useful for a Hammond emulation (it is of course meant for the Wurlitzer and Rhodes, and indeed reflecting what players often use). Saturation is nice, but it would be strange to put it before the overdrive of the leslie amp, and it is not an effect used by any of the great Hammond players.

Nonetheless, thanks for your answer and for asking your customers what the would like – and for the already fabulous B5 of course!

Hoping for a nice distortion emulation (whatever the model)…

Thanks, and all the best,

Roeland

By the way is there an upgrade path from the older Wurli (I have that an like it!) to the Vreeds?

Yes, i just meant something similar, so there will be some distortion in there don't worry.

And yes, there is an upgrade for owners of the Wurlie, you get a 50% discount on the VReeds automatically applied to your cart if you own it and are connected to the same user account.

Thanks Arno,
Good news again!
All the best,
Roeland

Hello,

Any new info on when/what will be in the new update?
When can we expect it?

LOVE B5 Thank you.
Mike

Actually, the list is quite long, and we are actively working on it, but i can't give you a release date yet even if it should not take too long, like maybe 6 weeks to 2 months, but you'll know about it don't worry ;)

Great news! Thank you !

Return to “AcousticsampleS”