B-5 Organ: some comments

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You can't have a default scheme if you just open the default UFS preset, that would just reopen as the default, but if you save a "multi" from the top menu in UVI Workstation and reopen it, it will just reopen exactly as you saved it.
This is actually exactly what sequencers do when you reopen a session, and it still has all of the settings you set when you saved your session.

thysm00 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:15 am
1. A lot of sound "cracks" appear to happen because of UI activity/updates. It seems that UVI Workstation has not properly decoupled its UI thread from the audio processing thread(s). For example, when making adjustments to the swell pedal, sound tends to get "cracked" for a millisecond. This does NOT happen when the UVI WS is embedded into my DAW and there is no plugin UI open. This also happens on the arpeggiator page when switching between arpeggiator presets -- something that obviously should have NO such effect on sound because only MIDI events should get changed in the process. Maybe file a bug report with UVI?
There is no bug here, the UI isn't in fact decoupled from the audio, but that's by design unfortunately, and they are aware of this. It turns out that it's also kind of our fault here. The UI isn't supposed to handle buttons that large or have a spinning leslie. Maybe we should just have a switch somewhere to turn off the fancy UI stuff...
Hi-
I assume this is Arno? We corresponded a few years ago when you incorporated the XK-3C NRPN translation to allow it as a controller for B5. Thanks for that.

I've been banging my head trying to troubleshoot this noise that appears related to the GUI. I should have looked here first. I've had this issue since V2.2 with Reaper on a Window 10 PC now. V2.0 doesn't have this issue. I'm finding that pushing the virtual drawbars or toggling buttons creates a pop almost every time. Its independent of my buffer size.

This does not happen when using the stand-alone UVI. Nor does it happen using Cakewalk which I downloaded a few days ago just to troubleshoot this issue. Unfortunately Cakewalk doesn't pass along the NRPN data to the B5, so no button/knob control from the XK-3C. I also tried braking the virtual Leslie hoping this might ease up some of the GUI drain - but no luck.

One more thing - I noticed that 2 voices always appear to be active. Not sure if this is related or not.

Anyway thought maybe some of this might help. I definitely appreciate the free update. Just hope you can address this issue.

- Mark

One more observation: If you hit the UI button at the top of the VST window in Reaper the fancy graphics disappears and it just shows sliders. Still moving any of those virtual sliders causes an audible pop. Not having this issue in Cakewalk has me wondering what's really going on here.

I'm actually wondering if the issue isn't related to host automation. I remember that there was an issue with reaper in the past. I thought it was fixed, but maybe not.
Could you try to right click on an element that you control with MIDI, for example a drawbar and select "unassign host automation" and see if this fixes the glitches?
Nothing changed between the V2 and v2.5 or V3 regarding how the UI is handled, but i just checked and there was no host automation set by default in the V2, we added that in V2.5, so that really might be the culprit. Also i'd have to look into our old support tickets, but i think there was a way to avoid that problem in reaper with just a simple setting.

The two voices in the background are normal, they are here for the leslie acoustic noises as well as the internal organ noise.

Found it! Just do what evildragon suggests in his latest answer ("parameter automation notifications").
viewtopic.php?t=503839

DAMN...DAMN...DAMN!!! :x
Oh and btw that worked. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Over the last few days I thought I tried every Reaper parameter that could possibly make a difference. This was also the case 3 years go. Why didnt you guys tell me? :o

I blame Evil Dragon. He's supposed to be monitoring all my audio an midi activity and makng necessary corrections. I assume he still receiving the generous bit coin payments I've been sending him? :ud:

markyboard wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:18 pm DAMN...DAMN...DAMN!!! :x
Oh and btw that worked. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Over the last few days I thought I tried every Reaper parameter that could possibly make a difference. This was also the case 3 years go. Why didnt you guys tell me? :o

I blame Evil Dragon. He's supposed to be monitoring all my audio an midi activity and makng necessary corrections. I assume he still receiving the generous bit coin payments I've been sending him? :ud:
:hihi:

I'm very glad it works ;) Now you can make tons of videos and tell the world how awesome the B5 V3 is ;)

Not sure you want to see me in a video but no worries; I do speak highly on a couple of forums of the products that I find exceptional and more importantly the developers that truly give a damn. On the other hand products that disappoint I never mention at all.

Now what did I do to my drive? Suddenly I cant extract the latest version to my samples SSD. :x WinRar wants me to extract as the administrator? Not sure why and it doesnt seem to help.

Haha, but i do! Your hands at least ;)
Anyway, jokes aside, thanks a lot (if of course you think the B5 enters the first category :) ).

About your drive, i don't know, but maybe a quick reboot will help, permissions sometimes have a mind of their own.

thysm00 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:59 am Haha, but i do! Your hands at least ;)
Anyway, jokes aside, thanks a lot (if of course you think the B5 enters the first category :) ).
Of course :tu:.
thysm00 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:59 am About your drive, i don't know, but maybe a quick reboot will help, permissions sometimes have a mind of their own.
I tried a bunch of things with permissions. It turns out it doesn't matter which drive I try to extract to although maybe the C drive was OK? (can't remember now).

I ended up having to open WinRAR as administrator which seems to work reliably. Not sure what changed since the other day but it's been one of those weeks.

Since I have your attention (hopefully) I definitely like the latest ability of selecting the different tabs from the bottom while one is open. If this is still a work in progress it would be nice to have an actual graphic point to click on. Perhaps moving the tab labels down to the very bottom. It would also be nice to click somewhere to the left on the bottom, even on the version # to get back to the main screen .

Just a thought.

markyboard wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:22 pm Since I have your attention (hopefully) I definitely like the latest ability of selecting the different tabs from the bottom while one is open. If this is still a work in progress it would be nice to have an actual graphic point to click on. Perhaps moving the tab labels down to the very bottom. It would also be nice to click somewhere to the left on the bottom, even on the version # to get back to the main screen .
Nope, sorry, this won't change, as i explained earlier on this thread to evildragon, the V2 was working this way and we got a ton of complains that it wasn't clear enough and that navigation was convoluted... So we just made it simple, you open on the label and close with a bug fat button :)
I personally like the workflow of the V2 much better, but we have to listen to users :)

That addition was just to make things a bit easier to navigate since it was possible to do it, but i'm not changing the design for that feature, sorry.
And to get back to the main, you just close whatever tab is open using the top close buttton, i agree it's a bit further, but not by much ;)

Ok - understood. But maybe that's why someone is saying really bad sh*t about you over here:
http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthread ... ost3072596 :wink:

Haha :)
Damn, people on forums are the worst ;)

Oh btw, i just uploaded a new version that does not have the host automations set by default. This way you don't get that problem ever. It looks like by default protools had a similar problem. Since anyone can set the host automation themselves and it's rarely used anyway, i figured it could be removed from the default version.

nvm
Last edited by minkray on Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nvm

Return to “AcousticsampleS”