tonespace - still being maintained?

Official support for: mucoder.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was checking out tonespace and its midi does not work either in standalone or with its plugin ( Linux 64-bit )

Sadly it seemed to have stopped working on Big Sur. Standalone it crashes, loaded into a host it crashes the host aswell (tested in Maschine2 and Soundigy MIDI Lab).

demian79 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:24 am Sadly it seemed to have stopped working on Big Sur. Standalone it crashes, loaded into a host it crashes the host aswell
Same here. I've been searching for answers for months now, but seems to be unmaintained at the moment, I'm hoping it'll be picked back up soon, it's one of my most beloved plug-ins

Same here on my new Mac mini with M1 architecture and MacOS Big Sur. If the source code was available we could try to debug it... But it's not open source 😭 why?
Remi SHARROCK

This is one of my most useful apps for my own education.
Like you I a on Big Sur - M1, and it no longer works. What a Shame.
I wonder what it would take for the Author to do a little work on it, so at least our Rosetta 2 would recognise it.

:pray:

I love this app and only started using it recently.
Love and Peace to you all. This World needs it.
This World needs Tonespace too.
Xx

this standalone app is worked on my Big Sur with www codeweavers.com/crossover/

hi, plugin author here…

first of all sorry for the radio silence - my bad, I should have communicated earlier!

tonespace and hypercyclic are in the process of getting new versions that run on Big Sur and up.
As the code base is getting older and needed modernizing to build with the latest developer toolsets this required a bit more time than I hoped for.

But the good news is that I’m nearly there now. I have betas available for those who would like to test them - just PM me or email me at support - at - mucoder.net

cheers and thanks for your kind words and patience,
Leo aka mucoder
tonespace / hypercyclic

Wonderful news!
I’ll go in search of updates once a year or so—it’s my favorite plug-in, and one that’s not easily replaceable. I’ve tried a bunch of alternatives when tonespace stopped working for me, but there’s nothing quite like it.

I’m so happy to be using it again.

Thank you!!!

Return to “mucoder”