tonespace and synapse audio Orion

Official support for: mucoder.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having trouble getting tonespace to work with Orion.

So far I have Orion set to 'Always Running' Audio Output, tonespace is set to Midi Out: VST host and midi Channel: 1

I have a VST instrument set to recieve MIDI from tonespace and omni midi in - It does not play notes on the VST instrument for me :(

BUT when I insert notes into the tonespace piano roll, I hear them played by the VST instrument.

:help:

Hey,
I'm having trouble getting instruments to recieve pitch bend from Reaktor in Orion,
but maybe this is another issue.
Try changing in the VSTI u r trying to play-
configuration->
generator settings->
and set it to automation type- MIDI cc
Does that work?

ah.. that makes it at least sound correct. thanks :)

It still doesn't record notes though.. or is it not supposed to? hmm seems of limited use if it doesnt generate notes when a pad is pressed (and record option in host enabled)

cool,
that's a start.
hmm, I wonder why it doesn't record.
Hopefully someone knows.
It is definitely MIDI that your VSTi is recieving.

If your VST is receiving midi from tonespace then you've configured tonespace correctly already. Any further configuration for recording should then be done in your host - tonespace just sends midi to its output and is not involved in the recording of that midi in the host.

Unfortunately I don't know much about Orion, but in other hosts enabling recording is often a matter of pressing a monitor/recording switch
tonespace / hypercyclic

Return to “mucoder”