forward audio releases Freebie Plug-in: faIRmageddon - Impulse Response Designer

Official support for: forward-audio.de
forwardaudio
KVRist
40 posts since 25 Jun, 2014 from Germany

Post Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:11 pm

http://www.forward-audio.com/fairmageddon

We are proud to announce the release of faIRmageddon, a new Guitar Cabinet Impulse Response Designer Plug-in for macOS and Windows.

With faIRmageddon you'll be able to load, combine, adjust, merge and manipulate your IRs to achieve your favorite sound with ease. You'll love how this plug-in will change your perception of guitar sounds, forever.

faIRmageddon is a community project with the goal to create a Guitar Cabinet Impulse Response Designer for the growing needs of guitar players of the 21st century. With thousands of high quality guitar cabinet impulses and amp simulations out there it's easy to get a good guitar sound. But only good sounding is not enough anymore. What you deserve is your own unique sound.

faIRmageddon is currently available for free during the Early Access phase.
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
― Arthur C. Clarke
https://www.forward-audio.com

Tilly
KVRist
48 posts since 18 Feb, 2019

Re: forward audio releases Freebie Plug-in: faIRmageddon - Impulse Response Designer

Post Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:07 pm

Thanks! Just read the newsletter and I'm happy you already have a vision of this plugin. It already offers quite some options to manipulate the sound and have actual visual feedback of what it does. The roadmap looks interesting and I'm wondering about that "workbench" section.

Small requests: would be nice if the plugin recovers the display states too when changing presets or loading projects. Right now it seems to always show the browser. And if the top line (current folder) in the browser could be shortened somehow. In my (fairly long) paths the interesting part gets cut off.

Little bug here, but nothing game changing because early access: I noticed shifting the frequency spectrum negative makes the graphics in the display vanish. And I also had random peaks occuring. Luckily I had a limiter on the master which caught it :D

forwardaudio
KVRist
40 posts since 25 Jun, 2014 from Germany

Re: forward audio releases Freebie Plug-in: faIRmageddon - Impulse Response Designer

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:39 pm

Tilly wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:07 pm
Thanks! Just read the newsletter and I'm happy you already have a vision of this plugin. It already offers quite some options to manipulate the sound and have actual visual feedback of what it does. The roadmap looks interesting and I'm wondering about that "workbench" section.
Hey Tilly,

nice to hear from you again! To use a quote from "Dude, where's my car": The workbench is an object of great power and it's great power is only exceeded by it's mystery!
Tilly wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:07 pm
Small requests: would be nice if the plugin recovers the display states too when changing presets or loading projects. Right now it seems to always show the browser. And if the top line (current folder) in the browser could be shortened somehow. In my (fairly long) paths the interesting part gets cut off.

Little bug here, but nothing game changing because early access: I noticed shifting the frequency spectrum negative makes the graphics in the display vanish. And I also had random peaks occuring. Luckily I had a limiter on the master which caught it :D
Thank you for the feedback. We will add this to our todo list!
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
― Arthur C. Clarke
https://www.forward-audio.com

Return to “forward audio”