TAL-Sampler - can I have envelopes and filter independently, per layer (?)

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I am trying TAL-Sampler in Logic as an alternative to old EXS-24 and I am finding it as an excellent alternative, but I am wondering about Layering of samples - it's lovely and straightforward workflow, but can I have independent filters and envelopes per layer? :?:
As I figured out so far, seems like that all 3 envelopes and filters are global, not per layer ? Am I correct?

There are filters per layer.

Envelopes per layer would be nice. Email Patrick. He might not actually integrate the feature request, but in my experience he takes all feedback pretty seriously (like adding filters per layer).

That would be extremely nice... and then a separate output per layer, and maybe more layers? Like 8? :tu:
It would make me drop Kontakt out of the game, because I really love this synth/sampler. :party:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 pm There are filters per layer.

Envelopes per layer would be nice. Email Patrick. He might not actually integrate the feature request, but in my experience he takes all feedback pretty seriously (like adding filters per layer).
ok, thanks for quick answer. How do you activate filters per layer ? From what I see, it's only one global filter which you can assign to individual layers, but I'd need independent filters/different filter for different layer.
That one + individual envelopes would makes this sampler killer one, like Ableton's Simplers stacked. :tu:

If you expand each layer, you’ll see the controls.

DuX wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:50 pm That would be extremely nice... and then a separate output per layer, and maybe more layers? Like 8? :tu:
It would make me drop Kontakt out of the game, because I really love this synth/sampler. :party:
I fully agree. Separate output per layer is even more important as then we can later EQ layer in DAW's channel.
perpetual3 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:16 pm If you expand each layer, you’ll see the controls.
I've realized that, but there is no filter in layer controls, or I am missing something ?

Thanks.

trancema wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:04 pm
DuX wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:50 pm That would be extremely nice... and then a separate output per layer, and maybe more layers? Like 8? :tu:
I fully agree. Separate output per layer is even more important as then we can later EQ layer in DAW's channel.
perpetual3 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:16 pm If you expand each layer, you’ll see the controls.
I've realized that, but there is no filter in layer controls, or I am missing something ?

Thanks.
Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 5.22.28 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:25 pm
trancema wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks.
Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 5.22.28 PM.png
:oops:

I am stupid, sorry about that :dog:

+1 for ADSR per layer. It would be very useful feature for drum layering.

It is so low on cpu that I use one instance per sound.

Found a workaround for this. Create separate duplicate tal sampler tracks for each layer you want. Place samples on different parts of the keyboard for each track/layer. Record enable all the tracks and you can trigger them all manually or with your sequencer. Booya.

Gozar601 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:10 pm Found a workaround for this. Create separate duplicate tal sampler tracks for each layer you want. Place samples on different parts of the keyboard for each track/layer. Record enable all the tracks and you can trigger them all manually or with your sequencer. Booya.
That's how I'm getting around the issue, too. It would be better not to have to use more instances of TAL-Sampler, though. It eats up loads of RAM when you use a lot of different instances of TAL-Sampler. It's such a shame, I love it so much. Loading project times could be cut down significantly, too, if we were able top use just one instance for all the sounds. Kinda like Kontakt. But TAL-Sampler is so much easier to use and sounds great. Well, in its own special way. :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “TAL Software”