Updated Tal U No LX - Patrick is at it again :)

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Updated Tal U No LX

Version 4.4.0

Delay and reverb FX added.
Improved SC dialog with random button and lock button.
Undo / redo functionality added.
Improved preset browser.
Linux / Bitwig UI scaling issues fixed.

rsp
sound sculptist

sc dialog?

Service Control....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:37 pm Updated Tal U No LX

Version 4.4.0

Delay and reverb FX added.
Improved SC dialog with random button and lock button.
Undo / redo functionality added.
Improved preset browser.
Linux / Bitwig UI scaling issues fixed.

rsp
Nice!

from where do you have this info?
i didn't see it on the TAL website, that there is an update.
Would be fine, when the Version number is announced

babyblue wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:31 pm from where do you have this info?
i didn't see it on the TAL website, that there is an update.
Would be fine, when the Version number is announced
You have the Change Log at the end of the product page in question.
( DESCRIPTION PRESETS DEMOS REVIEWS CHANGE LOG )
New versions is not always announced on the front page...for some reason.

:tu: thanks!

Version 4.6.0

※ CLAP plugin format added.
※ New unisono mode.
※ New round robin voice mode.

Link

I downloaded the vst3 presets, but can’t get them to show up no matter where I put them - they are greyed out. Anyone have this issue?

TAL U-No-LX version 4.7.9 now downloadable. Fixes a minor browser bug that occurred alongside all the updates described here: viewtopic.php?p=8710057#p8710057. I'm enjoying the browser and arp updates!

Thanks. Are you Sure it is 4.7.9? is this mac or pc?
I just re-downloaded and my mac intel is still saying 4.7.8 (which it did after I made the post you linked to).

i stand corrected. on PC both J-8 now at 1.7.3 and U-No-LX now at 4.7.9, but not on mac yet anyway.
rsp
sound sculptist

The mac ones are finally up. I would highly recommend those on 1.7.2 and 4.7.8 to update, there was an issue with the preset browser in those versions that you could accidentally overwrite presets.

rsp
sound sculptist

@zvenx, Thanks much for the clarification and update. That's different from the issue I observed in Windows CLAP (browser wouldn't register the first preset change after selecting a new bank or category), so it sounds like a few things have been fixed.

I dn't use clap but that sounds like part of the same issue.
The issue as I understand it is that everytime you went to the browser you had to double click on the first preset you wanted to load, every other preset would load as per usual with one click, but once you closed the browser and went back to the main page, going back to the browser, if you selected a preset you had to double click to actually load it, which sounds almost like what you are describing, you probably didn't think to double click to load, cause after all Tal softwares never required that.

But it became a further issue which I experienced a few times today on mac before the fix (but not on pc).

Say you have a new bank that you want to Tag.
so you load Sound A, a Bass patch, and decide you want to adjust some parameters, Frequency cutoff etc....whatever and you then save it, you go back to the browser and click once on Sound B, which you don't want to load to hear it you just need to tag it as a pad. so you type in Tag Pad and hit save.. what it would then do, since you never double clicked on Sound B, it still held sound A in its memory, so it would then overwrite Sound B with all the Bass parameters of Sound A, and when you tried to play Sound B, you would be hearing a Bass patch not the Pad patch...
So Sound A and Sound B would sound identical now, and your original Sound B pad sounds would be no more. (unless you had a backup, which thank goodness I did).

Hope that makes sense.
Anyway it is now fixed.

rsp
sound sculptist

@zvenx, Thanks for the heads up on that additional piece--that's helpful to know b/c it may have affected a few of my patches.

Glad you had a backup. I moved my TAL-U-No-LX presets folder into my documents directory that gets backed up regularly. I don't think it's mentioned in the manual or FAQs page, but I was happy to discover the line in the .xml config settings file where you can just plug in a custom preset directory.

Return to “TAL Software”