Propellerhead announces "Reason Compact" (now at version 2.0)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
festeringheap
KVRist
361 posts since 7 Mar, 2011

Post Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:06 pm

borrachoruso wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:52 am
you can't open project files in Reason rack. Only individual devices and combinator presets.

What I mean is Compact exporting an Ableton project file that opened up the corresponding Reason device in the Reason Rack plugin for each track.

Arashi
KVRer
6 posts since 9 Apr, 2005 from Japan

Re: Propellerhead announces "Reason Compact" (now at version 2.0)

Post Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:31 am

I don’t mind Reason Compact for what it is. It’s a nice scratchpad, and it’s improving a little bit at a time. What bothers me is the ridiculous pricing. It’s just a very basic scratchpad with only three devices. I’d pay $10, maybe even $20 for the whole app (pretty steep for what it offers, but acceptable as a one-time cost)…but charging $13.99 for each device is a total nonstarter. Two of them are extremely basic (they were thrown in for free in a point update of Reason), yet they cost the same amount as Europa (the only thing in the app that’s actually worth paying for — even though I already own it as part of Reason and as a VST). And you can’t even create multiple instances of them. What happens when they add a new device? Each one is going to cost $13.99?

It’s a nice app. I want to see it get better and support them in the process, but I’ll never use it until they figure out how to charge a fair, one-time price for it. It simply doesn’t deliver $40 of value — much less whatever it will end up costing after they add another two or three Mickey Mouse synths at $13.99 each.
Stormchild

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”