iRig Stream now available

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6696 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:48 am

IK Multimedia is proud to announce the availability of iRig Stream. This mobile-friendly audio tool is part of IK’s Creator Series for video content creators, YouTubers, live streamers, musicians, podcasters and other social media broadcasters looking to capture high quality audio directly using a mobile device.

Ideal for content creators and musicians, iRig Stream is a mobile audio interface that combines multiple audio sources down to one track for recording or streaming in mono or stereo with the user’s mobile device and their favorite app.
NEW: AmpliTube Brian May
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
What you got just ain't interesting (or true).

dumbledog
KVRian
563 posts since 25 Sep, 2014

Re: iRig Stream now available

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:31 am

RCA Jacks? Gotta ask what's up with that cuz the only thing I have that uses that are some spring reverb tanks and my old Tascam 414.

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:51 am

This is designed for quick and easy streaming in a small form factor. With appropriate cables, there should be no noticeable quality issues or anything of that nature for quick, easy, quality mobile live-streaming for which this was purpose built.

If you need XLR and/or 1/4" input we have range of audio interfaces including iRig Pro DUO which sounds more suited to your needs.

Edit - I assume this showed up on "Latest Forum Posts" or similar, but this is posted in the Mobile Apps & Hardware subforum for a reason as iRig Stream provides direct connectivity to mobile devices (which I don't see those mentioned hardware bits doing), and that is also a key part of the purpose of iRig Stream as mentioned above.

dumbledog
KVRian
563 posts since 25 Sep, 2014

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:04 pm

Yeah I'm not dissing on the sound quality or anything. I just thought everything used 1/4", 1/8", XLR or USB these days. Suppose two 1/4" jacks wouldn't fit the form factor tho.

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:32 pm

dumbledog wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:04 pm
Yeah I'm not dissing on the sound quality or anything. I just thought everything used 1/4", 1/8", XLR or USB these days. Suppose two 1/4" jacks wouldn't fit the form factor tho.
Yes, indeed, form factor is a... well.. factor for sure. Since mobile users can carry iRig Stream and their phone around, might as well fit in their other pocket, right? Though if they are in the "back pocket brigade" then I'm going to have to keep my comments to myself :D

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”