Beatmaker 2, Nanostudio, Aurora - which?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hmm yea ... thats what I was afraid of .. the language did seem a little cryptic, said something like "new synthesizer instruments." I did think there was something odd about the way it was written. That's disappointing, but at least I don't have to buy it now 8)

Looking forward to iSequence 3.0

The upcoming Music Studio 2 looks interesting;

http://www.promusicapps.com/music-studio-2-0-inbound/

What about sunvox? Try the desktop version free. I like it because it doesn't try to be like a normal DAW and come up short.

Sorry for Zombie-posting, but Sunvox is a wonderful, wonderful app. If you've ever tried 'trackers' you owe it to yourself to give it a try. Fast, sounds great, lovely developer and a joy to use.
Anger is a sublimated desire for control.

Also sorry for the late reply.
Personally, I don't have an iPad, so Aurora is out of the equation, but BM and NS are two quite different things IMHO.
Actually, for whatever reasons, I bought BM2, even if they pretty much dissapointed me with the development of version 1 (which didn't see any significant updates at all during its lifetime), not sure whether I should regret it.
What I defenitely don't regret is the purchase of NS. It's simply excellent. That includes the IMO brilliant documentation. Read the latter for around 30 minutes and you're absolutely good to go.
Also, there's a free Windows/OSX version, so you can just try things out instantly.
In fact, for me, there's only two more or less really important things that could be included:
- Audio recording (so far you can only sample things and slap those samples into the drum module or use them as a source for the included synth).
- A chord pad thing (such as Music Studio, Energy XT (uargh...) and Garage Band offer). Recording chords in realtime without some sort of MIDI keyboard has got to be the single most annoying thing on iPhones and iPads, hence chord pads are just great.

Note: Both BM and NS are capable of using the same clipboard (which is quite great, I'm wondering why so few developers are using these options...), so you can use them along each other just fine.

Note 2: NS shows how easy audio editing (unfortunately for the sampler section only...) can be on a touch device.

So far I didn't have too much time to fool with Music Studio, but it sure looks very interesting, too.

- Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”