New Android DAW Controller - Now available on Google Play

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

analoguesamples909 wrote:great - Im assuming I could use my upcoming Nexus 7 to control a Dave Smith Tetra is I made a map for it using MIDI CC?
Yup, you sure could.

With the current version of the app, you'd have to have your Tetra connected to to your computer in order for the MIDI CCs to get to it.

BUT....

I'm planning on adding direct MIDI I/O to the app later this month which means that you could hook up a USB cable from your phone/tablet and connect it directly to your synth. (great for live performance).

Stephan326 wrote:I get nothing on the screen. Whats Up?? What Template am I supposed to be loading?
What you have to do is load the Layout editor on your computer and create a template.

Then you copy the template to your phone/tablet.

Finally, launch the app, got to Preferences, and select that template in a Layout.

I've got some sample layouts on my website that you can try.

http://markderrico.com/dawosc/instructions.html

(bottom of the page)

New Matrix Controller added!

I've added a new Matrix controller to the app and editor. It's basically a grid of buttons that's ideal as drum pads. Here's what you can do:
- set the size and position of the Matrix

For each cell, you can set:
button back color
button fore color
button text color
button border color
button text
MIDI channel
MIDI note #
Note velocity
Set the button as push button or toggle button

Auto-Orientation for Each Layout

Say you have two layouts loaded in the app.

Layout 1 is a horizontal layout.
Layout 2 is a vertical layout.

Now, when you switch between these two layouts, your phone/tablet will automatically change to the proper orientation for each layout. Thanks go to a user for this idea (unfortunately I can't remember his name).

Reaper/Reaktor Users and OSC

After Christmas, I'm going to finish the OSC implementation in the app and editor. This will allow you to use the app directly with any OSC-enabled program :)

Bug Fixes:
I fixed a bug that popped up a bunch of errors when starting on phones.
I fixed the bug that "unloaded" layouts.

Go to to Google Play to update the app and go to the website to download the new editor.

And the final new feature has been added to editor (at least for now! lol)

A scaling function has been added to the layout editor. This lets you load an layout and convert it to a different screen resolution - handy for transferring a layout from a tablet to a phone or vice versa.

The new editor is now available for download on the website.

Great app, although not complete yet I like it already! Very easy to roll your own templates.
Looking forward to further functionality on the midi side (direct OSC, direct midi without PD, more midi messages like pitchbend, nrpn, short sysex strings) and on the editor side (ease of use, multi-select, bug fixing).
Unlock version is very reasonably priced, so just bought it to encourage further development. Recommend fellow KVRians to do the same!

fozziemusic wrote:Great app, although not complete yet I like it already! Very easy to roll your own templates.
Looking forward to further functionality on the midi side (direct OSC, direct midi without PD, more midi messages like pitchbend, nrpn, short sysex strings) and on the editor side (ease of use, multi-select, bug fixing).
Unlock version is very reasonably priced, so just bought it to encourage further development. Recommend fellow KVRians to do the same!
Thanks for the support - I really appreciate it!!

Man, I'm never going to get any sleep, am I? ROFL!!

Those are all cool features and I'll definitely start implementing them after Christmas (I've got the family/christmas thing going on in the next two weeks).

Thanks for the ideas :)

Mark

Works great! Just got the full version and wrote a review on google play! Thanks for this awsome app!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote:Works great! Just got the full version and wrote a review on google play! Thanks for this awsome app!
Thanks for the support and that great review!!

I won't be able to start adding new features for about 2 weeks due to Christmas and family, but I expect to start rolling out the new features at the end of the month one by one.

It's looking like the first feature I'll implement will be full OSC support.

Mark

mderrico wrote:
dakkra wrote:Works great! Just got the full version and wrote a review on google play! Thanks for this awsome app!
Thanks for the support and that great review!!

I won't be able to start adding new features for about 2 weeks due to Christmas and family, but I expect to start rolling out the new features at the end of the month one by one.

It's looking like the first feature I'll implement will be full OSC support.

Mark
Awsome! Can't wait to see it!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Just a heads-up: The Editor has been updated.

There was a bug in the editor. It caused matrixes to get messed up if you put two or more matrixes in a layout. It's fixed in version 1.8 and it's now available for download.

www.dawsound.com (on the Downloads page)

Mark

mderrico wrote:New Matrix Controller added!

I've added a new Matrix controller to the app and editor. It's basically a grid of buttons that's ideal as drum pads. Here's what you can do:

button back color
button fore color
button text color
button border color
button text
MIDI channel
MIDI note #
Note velocity
Awesome! But I would like to be able not only send MIDI notes but CC's too. Sometimes they come in handy with some applications. Also, it would be cool if you could let the buttons to be able to send different values depending if you click lower or higher in a cell. Any thoughts about it? :-)

jensa wrote:
mderrico wrote:New Matrix Controller added!

button back color
button fore color
button text color
button border color
button text
MIDI channel
MIDI note #
Note velocity
Awesome! But I would like to be able not only send MIDI notes but CC's too. Sometimes they come in handy with some applications. Also, it would be cool if you could let the buttons to be able to send different values depending if you click lower or higher in a cell. Any thoughts about it? :-)
Sending higher or lower values depending on WHERE you press the button is a very cool idea :) That would be really handy if you use a matrix as drum pads.

And having buttons send CCs instead of MIDI notes is a good idea too.

Both ideas are definitely do-able. I'll post your ideas on my forum so I can keep track of them.

I think I can probably have this done by mid-January (maybe a bit later).

Thanks for the ideas :)

Whoa! I just noticed you've updated the app with OSC features. Great!
Does this mean we can skip talking to PD and go straight to the DAW or Reaktor?

Oh yeah! Now we're talking. I got it to work with Reaper. Without PD as you stated on the web page. :-) Both ways btw. Moving the slider on my Nexus 10 updated Reaper, and moving the volume slider in Reaper updated the tablet.

jensa wrote:Oh yeah! Now we're talking. I got it to work with Reaper. Without PD as you stated on the web page. :-) Both ways btw. Moving the slider on my Nexus 10 updated Reaper, and moving the volume slider in Reaper updated the tablet.
Yup, PD is only needed with Reaper if you plan on using MIDI commands as well.

I gotta say, after using Reaper to test the OSC functions with, I REALLY wish Cubase would implement OSC....it's so much better than MIDI!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”